Vox Telecom x Frogfoot - a short story.

I am think the same I am also with VOX been with them for the past 5 years but almost no connection since yesterday , how difficult would it be to change, is there contract period? i dont need any hardware.
I had no other options - I am with a Business line so contract terminations are tight.
I am in consultation with OculusIP to have them buy out my contract(s) when the time comes.
We will be setting up Fibre over-air for the three sites and saying goodbye to Vox Telecom and Frogfoot.
 
Hi, Anthro.

Our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

We will be giving you a call shortly to assist further.
 
FTTB Dead at both sites.
Received notification earlier this morning that there was an issue - but my lines both died around 18:00
1773764621611.png
 
I recently assisted a friend with setting up their internet at a new premises.
The existing ISP is Vox Telecom, with Frogfoot as FNO (Fibre Network Operator).
The Internet is 20Mbps Premium Business Fibre R2494.26/month

These speeds are not sufficient for the Office, so I contacted Vox Telecom to assist with an upgrade.
I was made aware that there was around 3-4 months remaining on the existing contract, with a buyout clause should we require to change the SLA to Standard Business.
The Premium Business line becomes quite expensive if you want 200Mbps Premium R5288.85 /month with a setup fee of R4887.50

I made a call to request whether the line could be changed to Standard Business, since we do not require the same SLA (Service Level Agreement) of the Premium Business Fibre.
Eugene from Vox Business then confirmed via WhatsApp voicenote and various chats - that Frogfoot are pushing back on the change since they are going to be losing money if the SLA is changed.
I asked if it would be possible to make the change, considering that they would be retaining a Customer - as my friend considered rather doing a buyout clause and moving ISP.
I was then quoted R 3621.35 /month and asked to sign a 24month contract - which was agreed upon.
A LOT of back and forth the ensued, because of their eContracts acceptance method - which works horribly by the way, this delayed the process even further.
All documentation was finalized 21 January 2025, and an expected turnaround of up to 10 Business days was mentioned by Eugene.

I accepted this as a requirement and waited, constantly checking in with Eugene on the progress of the order - only to be told that they where waiting on Frogfoot to create a new path for the fibre on the backend, and that there was no knowing how long it could take.
Most recently Eugene stated the following: "We are waiting on frogfoot to do the change over and as I said before we dont normally move over from business premium to standard and increase the speed, tis was a special Favour they did to accommodate the client. I cant say how long frogfoot is goint to take, i have followed up with them again"

There are no favours here - we pay Vox Telecom.
I could have cancelled and had 5G internet within 2 days, but chose to give Vox Telecom a chance.
And also shifting responsibility to Frogfoot makes no sense, because from a Customer perspective - I do not deal with Frogfoot - Vox does.
Plus, you are both under the Vivica Telecoms umbrella - so it is not like they are a competitor, or not within communication channels.
Good day,

Thank you for your review.

Please send an email to [email protected] with details of your complaint, along with your Vox account information. The relevant department will investigate the matter and assist accordingly.

Kind regards,

Vox
 
Good day,

Thank you for your review.

Please send an email to [email protected] with details of your complaint, along with your Vox account information. The relevant department will investigate the matter and assist accordingly.

Kind regards,

Vox
Already eMailed your CEO, Exco Priority and Talk2Us
I would highly suggest you read through the entire thread before assuming anything, my issues did not stop of the first page, nor did my complaints.
 
Edit: Vox (initially) also wouldn't upgrade one of our FTTB customers - halfway through a 36 month contract. They've finally come to the table this afternoon advising the upgrade can proceed.

[Vox team: We know you're scouting these pages. THANK YOU for your efforts in finally resolving this.]

-- DP
 
Last edited:
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X