Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Bad news about private power generation

Energy minister Gwede Mantashe has still not published an amendment to the Electricity Regulation Act that will allow individuals and businesses to install up to 100MW of private power generation without a licence.

On 10 June 2021, President Cyril Ramaphosa announced that the threshold for licencing private power generation with the national energy regulator (Nersa) would be lifted from 1MW to 100MW.

RonSwanson

Executive Member
This intervention reflects our determination to take the necessary action to achieve energy security and...

Yep, it reflects your determination all right, all of zero.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
He's been doing this on everything, so not sure why anyone would be surprised. The entire IPP hold-up is due to him.

Is a good summary of issues IPP is facing due to him since 2013.

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
Of course they will drag their feet forever on the IPP. Putting Eskom out of business will be egg on ANC face, and their voters will be upset. Have to keep voters working cushy non-fireable job so they keep voting ANC.

Thor

Honorary Master
Of course he missed the deadline, he doesn't want this to fly at all...

It will show just how incompetent and backwards he is, and how he has been fscking the country over whilst sitting on his fat ass.
I do not blame him.
I blame the president, Cyril allowed this, he is equally as responsible for this.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
I do not blame him.
I blame the president, Cyril allowed this, he is equally as responsible for this.

I take a broader approach. This is the fault of the ANC and not prioritising merit and experience over political appointments in these sorts of spaces.
Uncle Gweezy is absolutely the last person I'd put in charge of Energy in SA given his backwards viewpoint and entrenched "support base" that he is trying to keep happy even though he is absolutely fscking over their futures whilst doing this.

chrisc

Executive Member
His real ulterior motive needs to be found and published