15 march 2019

daveza

Honorary Master
A while ago I heard ' there are no areas in Cape Town that avoid load-shedding'.

Rugby is on at Newlands during their load-shedding period - and just heard confirmation that that area never gets load-shed.

Nice for some.

chefdude98

The demand will increase during Winter. Hopefully load shedding will magically end now that Nersa granted the tariff increase.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
So nice to have the local hurpdurp switch thrower not decide when the right time for load shedding is and just have us off most of the day. Stage 2 for the entire weekend right after they get billions, must be nice

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Oh ffs... Load shedding misses my area tonihjt... And now it looks like the fsckers have been back and stolen more cable... Just went out with power dips and surges ffs... I'm already 15k down from the crap earlier this week.
Just for shits and giggles... Make that 23k now... 2 washing machines down in a week...

Last edited:

RaptorSA

Expert Member
Sounds like you live in my neck of the woods. Northwold/Sundowner/Sonneglans/Boskruin/Bromhof and surrounding?
Yup, same area. Add the shedding we've had since Friday and we pretty much have electricity only 50% of the time.
This morning when the power went out at 4AM I actually woke up because of how quiet it was. I could actually hear my cat moving around outside. Have never experienced something like that in JHB.

Yup, same area. Add the shedding we've had since Friday and we pretty much have electricity only 50% of the time.
This morning when the power went out at 4AM I actually woke up because of how quiet it was. I could actually hear my cat moving around outside. Have never experienced something like that in JHB.
I actually felt bad for everyone in their cars on the way to work this morning. Traffic was ridiculous.

RaptorSA

Expert Member
I actually felt bad for everyone in their cars on the way to work this morning. Traffic was ridiculous.
That's why I shat and showered at an unprecedented speed this morning. As I fled out of Randburg at 5:50AM I could see the traffic closing in behind me, it felt like some biblical scene I saw as a kid where the red sea closed back up after Moses did his thing, sending roman horses and people flying and screaming.

That's why I shat and showered at an unprecedented speed this morning. As I fled out of Randburg at 5:50AM I could see the traffic closing in behind me, it felt like some biblical scene I saw as a kid where the red sea closed back up after Moses did his thing, sending roman horses and people flying and screaming.
Hahahaha! Not sure where you work, but it was a good call. Heading in to Sandton this morning, the first functional traffic light I encountered was at DSTv, but the remaining down republic was down, until the one at william nicol - but the syncing there was completely fscked, and the next one at the ford garage was down as well. It was a good call to flee. :) :)

RaptorSA

Expert Member
Hahahaha! Not sure where you work, but it was a good call. Heading in to Sandton this morning, the first functional traffic light I encountered was at DSTv, but the remaining down republic was down, until the one at william nicol - but the syncing there was completely fscked, and the next one at the ford garage was down as well. It was a good call to flee. :):)
haha, you even drive the exact same route as me. The fact that we both remember in detail which traffic lights were out or crippled just shows the insane f***ing level of PTSD we've been subjected to over the years.

I worked at Dstv for a few monts last year, you can imagine how awesome it was when that little hill was my final stretch, now it's back to the relentless soulless hellhole that is Sandton.

haha, you even drive the exact same route as me. The fact that we both remember in detail which traffic lights were out or crippled just shows the insane f***ing level of PTSD we've been subjected to over the years.

I worked at Dstv for a few monts last year, you can imagine how awesome it was when that little hill was my final stretch, now it's back to the relentless soulless hellhole that is Sandton.
I take a motorcycle though. :) Does ease the pain a bit..