Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
The current Astra J is a beautiful car, but the replacement is on the horizon and is about 2 years or so away. The 10th generation Astra seems to be influenced by the Monza Concept. Something about the front feels rather E-type-ish which is a good thing.
110709-opel astra 11.jpg
114008-opel astra k.jpg

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
opel have upped the game with looks but still schit under the bonnet

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Hmmmmm. In about two years time my car will be about five years old. Hmmmm...

Fox1

Executive Member
Dynamic design. Nice but do they run on hydrogen power? :p

TehStranger

Executive Member
That sewing machine doesn't look too bad. Pity about that disgusting thing they've stuck in the middle of the grill though, and what it alludes to underneath.

Maverick Jester

The Special One
Lovely looking vehicle, even if the images remind me a lot of the Fiat Bravo and Alfa Brera.

astroboi89

The current Astra J is a beautiful car, but the replacement is on the horizon and is about 2 years or so away. The 10th generation Astra seems to be influenced by the Monza Concept. Something about the front feels rather E-type-ish which is a good thing.
View attachment 168741
View attachment 168743

You really love Opel hey.Was your first car an opel?I am waiting for the new corsa to arrive and getting rid of my ford ka.I am very tempted by the new mazda 2

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
My first car was a '89 2.1i Microbus and it was awesome, then I got a '00 1600i Bantam and it was excellent until I wrote it off 4 years later. I had to buy a new car in one day and at the end of the day it was down to either a Corolla or Astra both going for R100k. I don't regret buying my first Opel, actually in the process now of replacing my first Opel with another dull white Astra for R100k.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Will be unveiled at Frankfurt auto show in September. Source http://www.iol.co.za/motoring/cars/opel/opel-boss-previews-all-new-astra-1.1854706#.VUsEsfyf6Uk

Russelsheim, Germany - Opel boss Karl-Thomas Neumann has confirmed in a video interview that the all-new Astra will make its world debut at the Frankfurt auto show in September.

The promo was shot with Neumann standing next to a heavily camouflaged engineering development prototype and telling the camera it's a "revolutionary car that is much more efficient in all respects" with "awesome design" that was created "from a white sheet of paper".

More specifically, he said the new Astra would be slightly smaller outside than its predecessor (very slightly, if the car in the video is anything to go by) but "dramatically" lighter, with substantially more passenger space. Neumann also confirmed that the new Astra would be offered in Europe only with the new-generation engines, as seen in the recently launched Adam, Mokka and Corsa models.

Whether this applies to the South African market remains to be seen - it hasn't thus far.

10 GENERATIONS

To date Opel had produced more than 24 million compact cars in 10 generations of Kadett and Astra models, Neumann said, with the Kadett making motoring accessible for millions of people around the world, and the later Astra bringing new technologies from the premium class to the budget segment.

The current 10 generations of Kadett / Astra models
sOpel-Astra-295486.jpg

Last edited:

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
CarPassion.it managed to get hold of the media kit of the new Astra and released it. The official release will be at the Frakfurt motors how.
0.jpg
Source : http://www.autoevolution.com/news/2015-opel-astra-k-is-a-handsome-hatchback-photo-gallery-96074.html

• Apart from the gorgeous looks the new Astra K will have the following to offer
  • Opel IntelliLux LED Matrix units with “glare-free high beams” detailed last month by the German automaker. There are 16 LED elements in total, 8 for each of the headlights.
  • Choice of 1.0, 1.4 and two 1.6 ECOTEC SIDI Turbo engined as well as single and twin-turbo 1.6 “Whisper Diesel” motors.
  • IntelliLink infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility.
  • Instrument cluster is a digital TFT screen flanked by two analogue gauges.

Nice to see that for some German hatchback makers a new model is more than just a reheated tupperware version of the outgoing model :D

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
OPC models usually take a year or more to enter production after the normal ones are released.