2020 MyBroadband Awards

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
2020 MyBroadband Awards

The 2020 MyBroadband Awards winners were announced this week, with MTN, Cool Ideas, and Frogfoot named the top broadband providers in South Africa.

The annual MyBroadband Awards recognise excellence in the South African broadband and telecommunications industry.

Napalm2880

Expert Member
Best Fibre Provider – Frogfoot

You pulling my plonker now arnt you?
Slummies and PE would disagree with you. These places have either had their copper lines cut or their ADSL equipment has been left to rot by Telkom and they've been mostly dismissed by the larger fibre infrastructure providers like Vuma, MFN, etc.

Kudos to Frogfoot for risking the capital installing fibre in these areas.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Slummies and PE would disagree with you. These places have either had their copper lines cut or their ADSL equipment has been left to rot by Telkom and they've been mostly dismissed by the larger fibre infrastructure providers like Vuma, MFN, etc.

I always see faults on the forum wrt FF.

Armizael

I always see faults on the forum wrt FF.
I simply have no words - I don't think there's been a single month in the last year where our area hasn't had issues and in the last 2 months, not a single week without an issue.

I recall the PE and some other areas suffering from packet loss for months on end, with Frogfoot either not communicating at all for months at a time, to promising a fix and delivering it months late.

Pretty sure it took almost a year for them to see improvements?

My area for the last few weeks had daily packet loss every night, like clockwork from 6pm - 11pm - across all ISPs, on all lines in the area and the onus lies on *us* to tell them there's something wrong.

Aggressive expansion in footprint is great for connectivity, but please, invest the same amount into your proactive monitoring and keeping the service running well - clearly you aren't doing this at the moment and it's showing if you look at the ISP threads and even the FNO threads.

Binary_Bark

Forging
Great work from the companies.

So is MyBB now going to constantly sms spam the MTN guy like they do customers?

j4ck455

Executive Member
@TheRoDent @PBCool keep up the good work, keep fighting the good fight, you guys deserve to be rewarded with the best ISP award and then some!!!

Did MTN win for best spammer?
It's weird how after doing all the opt outs on 2 MTN SIMs, the one gets nothing and the other still gets spammed to death by MTN. Still better coverage from MTN (in my stomping grounds) than the others.

Dan C

Honorary Master

I won't touch Frogfoot and I'm from Slummies

dreadseverin

Cool Ideas straight up trash. Quickest response was RE cancelation. Had such hopes for them, but I guess this is the best this country has if it's #1 LMAO

dreadseverin

It's very real. I've had issues with them since the start, so I guess it's been the underlying problem that hasn't been fixed from the start of the relationship. Even now, still not a response on my issue. I have 3 tickets open and the only response is the Cancellation ticket. I've given them them more than 2 years of service, being patient because I wanted to give them a chance, and I'd say 2 years is enough of a chance. I want to do business with them, and have created so many opportunities for them to solve this, but I just can't anymore. Too many dropped meetings with my stakeholders and all the other connection problems has an impact on what I do, and this is not a viable solution. I'm just disappointed because I joined and referred people to this company based on reviews and experiences from other people, and what they experienced and what we have experienced is incongruent.

dreadseverin

I've now opened a new ticket in order to elicit a response as my other 2 tickets are 2 days old with no response. They just do not respond when there is an issue.

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
I've now opened a new ticket in order to elicit a response as my other 2 tickets are 2 days old with no response. They just do not respond when there is an issue.
Do you have a reference for me so I can investigate?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
It's very real. I've had issues with them since the start, so I guess it's been the underlying problem that hasn't been fixed from the start of the relationship. Even now, still not a response on my issue. I have 3 tickets open and the only response is the Cancellation ticket. I've given them them more than 2 years of service, being patient because I wanted to give them a chance, and I'd say 2 years is enough of a chance. I want to do business with them, and have created so many opportunities for them to solve this, but I just can't anymore. Too many dropped meetings with my stakeholders and all the other connection problems has an impact on what I do, and this is not a viable solution. I'm just disappointed because I joined and referred people to this company based on reviews and experiences from other people, and what they experienced and what we have experienced is incongruent.
Please post all your ticket refs so I can investigate for you?