2021 Salary increase / bonus

Ares1000101

No increase last year, but 70% bonus.
This year we have a 4.4% increase, which is subject to change after the numsa strike...

geezer

Expert Member
No increase for me because I am considered to be "above the band". I had a good number of above average merit appraisals in the past and subsequent above average increases. Seems that me working hard bit me in the ass in the end, because I now am at a salary ceiling until I go on pension.

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
Following no increase or bonus in 2020, we were given 5% increases this year. Considering the climate, I’m ok with that. Grateful.
No news on bonus yet though…
You need to go and loot to get your raise, right?

Anti-Chris

Following no increase or bonus in 2020, we were given 5% increases this year. Considering the climate, I’m ok with that. Grateful.
No news on bonus yet though…
Lucky you... We took a 20% pay cut last year for 3 months with no increase after that and no increase this year either with a very likely possibility of complete shut down and retrenchment in the next 2 weeks...

Jaws677

Expert Member
Lucky you... We took a 20% pay cut last year for 3 months with no increase after that and no increase this year either with a very likely possibility of complete shut down and retrenchment in the next 2 weeks...
Teririble

Neuk_

Executive Member
"Increase" :unsure: I remind my managers every year that I haven't had an "increase" since I rejoined the company, the handful of % we might get every year is a cost of living adjustment, which we haven't had any for nearly two years. We all took a pay cut last year but did receive some TERS payments, I got a small bonus at the end of last year and we wait to hear our fate at the end of this year.

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
No increase since 2018 in our company (that was 3%).
2020 big salary cut (random, paid from 60% to 100% of salary).
2021, same story as 2020.

Anti-Chris

Teririble
Well that's life though.... Just starting to get annoyed with this... This will be the 2nd time in 4 years I will be involved in a retrenchment where the company closed down completely...
Seems like I am drawn by companies that is in trouble...lol

redspark

Expert Member
No increase last year, but 70% bonus.
This year we have a 4.4% increase, which is subject to change after the numsa strike...
I need to change employers :unsure: We get max 25% . Last bonus was for 2019/20. Nothing yet on 2020/21. Last salary increases was 2019/20.

gertvanjoe

Expert Member
No increase for me because I am considered to be "above the band". I had a good number of above average merit appraisals in the past and subsequent above average increases. Seems that me working hard bit me in the ass in the end, because I now am at a salary ceiling until I go on pension.
You just got your increases earlier than everyone else. That's a good thing.

Nemus

Expert Member
Yeah I joined this company just before COVID struck, and previous company of 4 years didn’t pay bonuses.. so I haven’t eaten a bonus in a while.. here’s to remaining hopeful.

But if not, it’s also ok as we at least didn’t take any salary cuts, so very grateful for that

Nemus

Expert Member
One of my friends works for an online gaming house and they were granted Monthly salary X performance score (out of 5).
So eg.: R50k x 3.5...
I shed a tear hearing that...

powermzii

Expert Member
4% increase in 2020 - no bonus (but also no jobs lost)
15% increase in 2021 and potential for a bonus but will only know end of FY

Devo1

Expert Member
3.5% increase

R3000 cash once-off bonus

November: Annual Bonus (13th Cheque)