4.6Gbps Wi-Fi technology from Samsung

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
This is probably a dumb question, but.... Is our 60Ghz spectrum available?
Knowing ICASA and SA we probably don't have enough spectrum or there will be some other old legacy restriction. :mad:

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Knowing ICASA and SA we probably don't have enough spectrum or there will be some other old legacy restriction. :mad:

This country is full of sh*t, i dont know why we just dont copy paste everything that europe does. It will make this country so much better.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
To improve the Ping Pong skills of it's members.

What I dont understand is that they reject working technologies for no goddamn reason. I think they just draw a card from a deck and if its between 1-9 they reject it.

Tacet

Expert Member

No. Neither 60 GHz (V-band) nor 80 GHz (E-band) is really available. Their use is not prohibited, but the pricing falls under the same model as for the rest of the band - i.e. you per for the channel size you use. In a rural area a 28 MHz channel link (PtP) will cost you ~R800 per year, depending on the rest of the variables. I'm not sure what channel size Samsung used here, but commercial E-band links typically use 500 MHz / 1 GHz channels. Since under the ICASA model cost is a direct factor of channel size, a rural 500 MHz channel size link will cost you roughly R14k per year. To the best of my knowledge ICASA doesn't make any provision for IMS bands in either the V-band or the E-band.

What I dont understand is that they reject working technologies for no goddamn reason. I think they just draw a card from a deck and if its between 1-9 they reject it.

Example? Normally technologies are rejected by the providers. ICASA manages the spectrum, not really the technologies.

kianm

Honorary Master
Now that's what I call speed :) , enough to satisfy those with the Need For Speed