4MB + Uncapped + LiveTV4Ever.com = worth it??

Tjoker

Expert Member
Ok, so im a sports junkie....F1, S14, Varsity Cup, IPL etc.....im in 2 minds.....cutting my 4MB ADSL down to 384k and get DSTV premium.......on the other hand, keeping my 4MB ADSL + Uncapped + LiveTV4Ever.com.......which one will be worth it???

http://www.livetv4ever.com/ $5 per month = R40 bucks per month

they have SS1-SS7 and other sports channels over the world. SD Quality......streaming at 540MB per hour...so bandwidth definitely an issue

Options
1. Cutting down + DSTV = +/-R1100
2. 4MB + Uncapped + LiveTV4Ever.com = R999+550+R40 = R1600

Opinions???

acidb

Expert Member
Tough choice!

If you take the uncapped option, you're free to do as you wish and get the latest content from wherever you wish, but then again you also need to consider, whether you'll saving anything or merely streaming it.

You've got some pickle to get through...

Lycanthrope

Honorary Master
You can also do more with an uncapped internet account than you can with just TV :p

My vote is for 4MB line with uncapped goodness.

TV FTL.

acidb

Expert Member
You can also do more with an uncapped internet account than you can with just TV :p

My vote is for 4MB line with uncapped goodness.

TV FTL.
I suppose if I had the choice (finances don't allow for it right now) then I would do the same...uncapped is SO MUCH MORE beneficial

alt146

The big decider might be axxess's soft-cap (since you quoted 999 for uncapped I'm assuming that's what you're using). If you want to watch anything before 8 (well usually it speeds up around 7) you're going to have a big problem.

acidb

Expert Member
The big decider might be axxess's soft-cap (since you quoted 999 for uncapped I'm assuming that's what you're using). If you want to watch anything before 8 (well usually it speeds up around 7) you're going to have a big problem.
But whilst waiting for this time to come round, he could watch some of the downloaded stuff he's got to satisfy the urge until 7/8pm, still a +

mm001

You gotta remember that LiveTVEver doesn't stream the SSHD channel. So if you're cool with SD, then get option 2

alt146

But whilst waiting for this time to come round, he could watch some of the downloaded stuff he's got to satisfy the urge until 7/8pm, still a +
I'd go for the uncapped too, just thinking of those 5pm on a friday rugby games that he wont be able to watch for example. More a case of wanting to watch something specific outside the soft-cap hours that might be irritating.

acidb

Expert Member
I'd go for the uncapped too, just thinking of those 5pm on a friday rugby games that he wont be able to watch for example. More a case of wanting to watch something specific outside the soft-cap hours that might be irritating.
I completely forgot about that, good point.

Then he could just go to a pub or mates house in the mean time...

acidb

Expert Member
Then when you are DLing and want to watch tv, it's gonna suffer is it not? Or vice versa
It shouldn't should it?

If he limits the bandwidth on download, he could still stream at the same time, and we also need to remember that Telkom might also bump him up to the newer speeds. Tis March after all.

fxit_man

Executive Member
It shouldn't should it?

If he limits the bandwidth on download, he could still stream at the same time, and we also need to remember that Telkom might also bump him up to the newer speeds. Tis March after all.
That would be ideal :)

heynnow

What if SAIX is having troubles when you are watching some live sports?

You should definitely consider reliability.

Also, is 320kbp/s enough to stream SD content? It might look crap on your PC with SD resolutions, so make sure to TV - out that mofo.

acidb

Expert Member
What if SAIX is having troubles when you are watching some live sports?

You should definitely consider reliability.

Also, is 320kbp/s enough to stream SD content? It might look crap on your PC with SD resolutions, so make sure to TV - out that mofo.
Yes, there certainly are a lot of variables, but in theory it should work...but like I said earlier, the decision is his.

saffakanera

Expert Member
Tough choice!

If you take the uncapped option, you're free to do as you wish and get the latest content from wherever you wish, but then again you also need to consider, whether you'll saving anything or merely streaming it.

You've got some pickle to get through...
MASSIVE pickle isnt it, how about sticking to what hes got, and donating 600 MUCH needed rands to a charity of his choice?

KaMoS

Expert Member
Not to burst your bubble or anything but one of their requirements is:

Broadband Internet access with constant download speed of 1.5MBps to watch.
There is no way we can get that in SA right now. We're stuck on 0.4MBps :/