56kMan buys cheap Canon scanner.

R800 and it comes with a negative scanner? Sweet - how long is the special on for?
Incredible connection have been discounting this scanner off and on for months. I bought it at a similar price long ago. Computer Mania will also match the price if you ask. So no rush.

It performs quite well. It's one of the last of the CCD type scanners in the range.

For the best OCR results, I recommend Adobe Acrobat.
 
I've just had a look at my old Agfa Scanwise and think it's about time for an upgrade. :)
 
R800 and it comes with a negative scanner? Sweet - how long is the special on for?

Hi.

I know my price is slightly more than IC on special ... you can't compete with their specials ... but if you can't get it anymore, I can get it for you at R870 if you are interested.

Not grey stock either.

Cheers,

Itai
 
I'm just looking for something cheap that gives reasonable results. If the Canon is mac compatible I'll get one of those.
 
I'm just looking for something cheap that gives reasonable results. If the Canon is mac compatible I'll get one of those.

A nice option is to chuck away your current printer, unless its really super duper and get yourself a Canon MP810 ... it's an all in one with super fine printing off just 5 ink tanks ... but prints awesome photos ... and the scanner also has the negative scanner with negatives light ... it's no the cheapest though ... my cost on this is R2200 excl ... so expect to pay a lot for it.
 
I've got a Lexmark colour laser printer and a epson r300 that does awesome photos even though these days I prefer taking my photos to the fuji place and getting them done properly.

I think a standalone is best option for me.
 
Getting photographs printed in store is so much less hassle these days and the prices are pretty comparable if not cheaper than doing it at home.
 
Went and had a look today and if it's the Canoscan 4400 then they're currently asking R1099 for it - I'm currently declining to pay. ;)
 
Oh ya ... delivery fee .. well I can't afford it on the R80 I'm making off this ... it'll prob be cheaper for you to get it at a local store ... delivery on this will be like R100 for courier cause it'll be a bit heavy.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X