8ta and Dell Mobile Broadband Manager

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
Joined
May 19, 2010
Messages
14,947
Reaction score
1,476
Location
Aiur
So I decided to plug myt 8ta sim card into my DELL E6420.

Im trying to use the Dell Mobile Broadband Manager with this sim card but all it says is the there is no network profile specified.

So when I go into the advanced setting in the Manager, I leave the setting on automatic, but if i click on manual, I get a list of networks, and 8ta does not seem to be in this list.

Is there anything that I can do? or add a config file to add the 8ta profile? or add a new network with the correct settings? that being the ip and dns settings?
 
Are you shure you are in 8ta covered area? I don't know Dell Manager, but keep all automatic, except APN - internet.
 
There is a problem we noticed at work (only use Dell laptops) where 8ta does not pick up.

Are you on Windows 7?
 
Don't use the buggy Dell Manager. Go to control panel, open network and sharing center. Now set up a new internet connection.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X