A Framework to Enhance Software Quality In Object Oriented Development Lifecycles.

chrisando

Dear All,

My name is Chrisando Wagner and as part of my Masters of Science in Software Engineering, I am writing my Dissertation on Software quality assurances practices with relation to object oriented programming. I kindly ask for your help in taking part in a small survey. The questionnaire should not take you longer than 15 min to complete and anyone above 18 years old within the software development industry may take part in it. The questionnaire is completely anonymous and all information will be used for research purposes only.

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/3437518/New-Survey

I thank you for your participation and the tremendous help in completing my dissertation. Please feel free to share the survey link with colleagues and classmates as well.

Should have any questions or*comment please do not hesitate to contact me at Chrisando.wagner@online.liverpool.ac.uk

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Option 14 is lovely. I assume you meant to make check-boxes? Cause just on my uni projects I do at least the first three.

scudsucker

Executive Member
Last question, last answer... ironically regarding QA... has a typo.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
There's a lot of things "wrong" or rather missing/assumed in the survey that indicates it was compiled by somebody with more academic than practical experience. It is for a masters degree after all so no real surprise. Should probably give the OP some slack, give him his data so that he can do his masters and get to work (and realise everything they told him in uni is only half true :p )

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
14 How do you validate your product before release?

x. Provide inputs trying to imitate user behavior (ad hoc)
x. Use script to provide random values as inputs
x. Provide extreme values as inputs
x. Use assertions (assert, Junit, others)
x. Other
Third option I would include with the first option for UI, second and third for DB to check if only correct values are able to be inserted/foreign keys are fine as well.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
14. How do you validate your product before release?
* Provide inputs trying to imitate user behavior (ad hoc)
* Use script to provide random values as inputs
* Provide extreme values as inputs
* Use assertions (assert, Junit, others)
* Other
Because they overlap and some use a combination of them?