ABSA at it again

Drake2007

Expert Member
Mr Drake, Absa sends you this courtesy SMS to let you know we'll contact you soon about an exciting new product on offer. Reply Stop to opt out

1) How much are you going to charge me for your Stop SMS?
2) SMS was this morning, didn't get any phone call today at all.
3) If I want any packages from you lot I'll go into the bank.
4) I've told you lot a few times already I'm busy and to send your marketing stuff by email and I'll have a look at it. maybe.

waynegohl

Ancient Astronaut
yip and the worse is when i ask them to up my credit they decline it for whatever reason now i must listen to their stories.

Sting

Ghost in the Machine
Got the same one (deleted it) and then got a phone call a few minutes later.

The telesales lady was not impressed when I told her that I had just paid off my credit card and would she mind cancelling the account while she was on the line with me.

I even told her that she could save me a phone call!!

Who in their right mind does a cold call first thing on a Blue Monday????

Frankie

Executive Member
+1, don't call me I will call you.
had the sms and the phone call, turned out to be life cover if I remember correctly.
Each and every time I have dealt with ABSA regarding a bond account, I get an unsolicited call from a life insurance company.
I reported it on HelloPeter - they apologised for the call, but did not fulfill their promise to disclose where they got my details.

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
ahhh... good to know Blapsa is still at it again.

They won't get me back as client - they're too expensive.

desraid

Expert Member
I cancelled my ABSA cheque acc and opened new cheque acc at FNB last year.

Move to a better bank. :)

bex.cpt

Expert Member
I am amazed by all of you. Welcome to 2009. We use our mobile phones more & not only for more than just making a phone call. It is just natural for companies & political parties to use it to inform us of new products & as a tool to keep us aware of there election campaigns.

This form of marketing has been proven to be extremely effective in 1st world countries. So if we want the benefits of FAST CHEAP INTERNET, GREAT CELLULAR COVARGE etc. We have to accept that unsolicited text messages, phone calls and emails are all part of the 1st world package.

Just say NO when the poor telemarketer calls you, deleted the text messages & emails & hope that the CHEAP FAST INTERNET is just around the corner :p.

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack
Saying NO is not that difficult! It also gives you a senses of . . . uhm . . . yeah! Its not that difficult!

RetroBok

Expert Member
I am amazed by all of you. Welcome to 2009. We use our mobile phones more & not only for more than just making a phone call. It is just natural for companies & political parties to use it to inform us of new products & as a tool to keep us aware of there election campaigns.

This form of marketing has been proven to be extremely effective in 1st world countries. So if we want the benefits of FAST CHEAP INTERNET, GREAT CELLULAR COVARGE etc. We have to accept that unsolicited text messages, phone calls and emails are all part of the 1st world package.

Just say NO when the poor telemarketer calls you, deleted the text messages & emails & hope that the CHEAP FAST INTERNET is just around the corner :p.
No, no, no dude, first world countries as far as I've experienced do not do this unless you sign up to receive text messages. I've had my number for over 5 years and have never received a text unless I've asked for it. First world country example: I asked my bank to send me a text every monday giving me the balance of my account, that happens religiously. I've also asked them to text me when more than a certain amount goes out of my account, considering I have no debit orders etc, I should never get the text, it's to stop any fraudulent activity on my account. THAT'S first world.

Not sure if you get this service in S.A. I'd hope so anyway.

Voicy

Honorary Master
Heh ... almost as nice as FNB who keeps sending me "Thandi"s notifications, no matter how many times I tell them it's not my name, nor do I bank with them.

*g*

blunomore

Honorary Master

So you see NO PROBLEM in people getting UNSOLICITED SMS messages and those same then have to PAY to opt out of receiving the messages??

Please.

Voicy

Honorary Master
I'm with miss Blu on this one.

What's worse than getting a random SMS is getting a phone call from a stranger and/or company you have no business with and THEY already have all YOUR personal details.

Please.