Adobe software - where to buy

murraybiscuit

Executive Member
It appears that I can't purchase adobe software direct online anymore and that I need to go and buy a box at an inflated price somewhere. And they wonder why people turn to piracy?

Anyways, what is the best and cheapest method of buying adobe software locally.
If I could do it online, I would.

jem

It appears that I can't purchase adobe software direct online anymore and that I need to go and buy a box at an inflated price somewhere. And they wonder why people turn to piracy?

Anyways, what is the best and cheapest method of buying adobe software locally.
If I could do it online, I would.

Axiz and Comztek are dealers (tho i think axiz actually get it from comztek)

The retail prices on the collections are insane, in general massive markups.

murraybiscuit

Executive Member
i eventually managed to find where to do the online purchase.
you have to go to the international store, but you can't just select the south african store, you have to click around a bunch of times before a flash interface loads.
for some reason it doesn't work in chrome, and it didn't work the first few times i tried in firefox.

the international store is about 10-20% more expensive than the usa store, but at least you can get the seasonal specials (e.g. current discount of 20% on all suites across all online stores is a big bonus).
the retail pricing doesn't actually look very different to the online pricing (international store)
obviously with adobe, you can save more than half your bill by buying a suite and by upgrading.
and if you can hold off and only update every second version, it's cheaper in the long run.
(we all know that most "new features" are just bloat anyway...)

the problem is obviously if i don't necessarily like the combination that the software suite offers, then i'm a bit screwed.
you'd think they would allow a greater variety of combinations in the online store.