Adobe to release 64-bit Flash

Necuno

Court Jester
finnaly ! :):)

...and damn now it will install and who those crappy spams :mad:

<moLe>

Expert Member
HA HA in MICROSOFT'S FACE!...who got it first we did...okay I'll get over myself... just awesome that we got it first (for once)...so who we going to bug next?

chubster

HA HA in MICROSOFT'S FACE!...who got it first we did...okay I'll get over myself... just awesome that we got it first (for once)...so who we going to bug next?

Sun's Java, no 64bit plugin for browsers! Lets bug them! :p

<moLe>

Expert Member
Great news, now lets rally the troops for java :D

and everyone is going to kill me, but I want reaaaal itunes...not as a music player,just because I want "true" support for my ipod. Know amarok and the gang is cool, but itunes just work better with music+album art...sigh (got it working through wine but doesnt pick up my ipod all that nicely(if anyone has a tip for me regarding wine+itunes+ipod let me know)

tjunyat

and everyone is going to kill me, but I want reaaaal itunes...not as a music player,just because I want "true" support for my ipod. Know amarok and the gang is cool, but itunes just work better with music+album art...sigh (got it working through wine but doesnt pick up my ipod all that nicely(if anyone has a tip for me regarding wine+itunes+ipod let me know)

Even on Windows iTunes isn't the best interface to interact with your iPod.
mlipod, a plugin for winamp was more intuitive and less bloatware and I'm sure there are many others.
Even more should be available for *nix

adrianx

Expert Member
Great! I hate Flash, but that's just me! :D It is needed though, because so many sites use it...

I've recently learnt a nice trick to get rid of those intrusive Flash cookies that your browser won't delete automatically. I'm talking Linux and Firefox here. Not sure about "the other side/s". :rolleyes:

Navigate into subdirectories under:
~/.macromedia/Macromedia/Flash Player/#SharedObjects/
~/.macromedia/Flash_Player/#SharedObjects/
~/.adobe/Flash_Player/

("~" means /home/you/, for those that don't know)

...and you'll find Flash cookies all over the place.

This is how I managed to get rid of them (and everything still works 100%).
Code:
rm -rf ~/.macromedia
ln -s /dev/null ~/.macromedia

rm -rf ~/.adobe/Flash_Player/
ln -s /dev/null ~/.adobe/Flash_Player/

All of those cookies will, in future, get sent to /dev/null :) Nice!

DISCLAIMER: If you don't know what I'm talking about.... DON'T try this at home.

Last edited:

<moLe>

Expert Member
Great! I hate Flash, but that's just me! :D It is needed though, because so many sites use it...

I've recently learnt a nice trick to get rid of those intrusive Flash cookies that your browser won't delete automatically. I'm talking Linux and Firefox here. Not sure about "the other side/s". :rolleyes:

Navigate into subdirectories under:
~/.macromedia/Macromedia/Flash Player/#SharedObjects/
~/.macromedia/Flash_Player/#SharedObjects/
~/.adobe/Flash_Player/

("~" means /home/you/, for those that don't know)

...and you'll find Flash cookies all over the place.

This is how I managed to get rid of them (and everything still works 100%).
Code:
rm -rf ~/.macromedia
ln -s /dev/null ~/.macromedia

rm -rf ~/.adobe/Flash_Player/
ln -s /dev/null ~/.adobe/Flash_Player/

All of those cookies will, in future, get sent to /dev/null :) Nice!

DISCLAIMER: If you don't know what I'm talking about.... DON'T try this at home.

nice tip, will try it. ;)