ADSL prices compared

Neo_X

Expert Member
these prices looks reallly really interesting.

quick question - our business currently runs on a 4Mbps mweb uncapped at just over 2k per month, divided between about 20 to 25 people. - as you can imagine this causes frequent congestion and 90% complaints with 10% happy.

Will a 40mbps line maybe not be a better option? understandably the shaping etc can be a killer - but as long as email/http is working, business should be able to continue? which ISP?

Dan C

Honorary Master
Telkom beats everyone in the capped category, as it offers free unlimited after hour usage.

Dan C

Honorary Master
You pay a lot for the account, and many won't use that.
I don't quite understand ? With the discount you from Do Packages it's very cheap even if you don't use the after hours.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Yup Telkom offers the best value for money and network performance on the softcapped accounts.

The bundles are really good value for money with unlimited nightsurfer data and unlimited social media traffic.

AntiGanda

Banned
I don't quite understand ? With the discount you from Do Packages it's very cheap even if you don't use the after hours.
Nominally it isn't cheap at all.

Take a capped account, say from Axxess for R189 (excl line). I get 100Gb 24/7 at my leasure & unshaped.
Now take the nearest in price from Telkom and tell me what I get please.

F

Fudzy

Why isn't Crystal Web in the main graphic?

Also, can you guys look into making the tables sortable in articles? It's easy enough to copy into Excel but it would be nice to be able to do it from the site like on Wikipedia.

Petec

Expert Member
Need to get the figures right...

for my 2 MWeb accounts, I pay:

50gig cap, 2 meg ADSL, PLUS line rental - R339.00 INCL vat , per month (2 gig capped account)
200gig cap, 2 meg ADSL, PLUS line rental - R558.00 INCL vat, per month (2 gig "uncapped" account)

FlashSA

Executive Member
Yup Telkom offers the best value for money and network performance on the softcapped accounts.

The bundles are really good value for money with unlimited nightsurfer data and unlimited social media traffic.
+1 AND their capped softcap accounts allow concurrent connections. Our office DO Premium account which gives 50GB data, and is active on the office 10mb line and my home 4mb line, also clocks up over 10GB of social media usage per month which does not come out of the 50GB cap.

There is also 150GB of nightsurfer data used for antivirus updates and scheduled downloads.

Who needs uncapped?

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Telkom beats everyone in the capped category, as it offers free unlimited after hour usage.
Amen; rocking basic bum 2mb/10gb plan & its rock solid. Never any latency & very very close to theoretical speed. Night Surfer is immensely handy & so is soft cap for the last few days in the month.For R399 & all other benefits it's a winner for me.

I can't believe I am saying this but "GO Telkom".!

cozinsky

Expert Member
Amen; rocking basic bum 2mb/10gb plan & its rock solid. Never any latency & very very close to theoretical speed. Night Surfer is immensely handy & so is soft cap for the last few days in the month.For R399 & all other benefits it's a winner for me.

I can't believe I am saying this but "GO Telkom".!
I certainly looks like a good offer so I tried to sign up for it. First problem: Unlike any other service provider where you simply put in your details and your payment details, you are met with a message that "an agent will call you". Seriously, in this day and age you need to speak to someone to subscribe to a data subscription? Moreover, since I have a Telkom fixed line account why can't they just add it to the bill? Confused.

akescpt

Honorary Master
if I see Telkom accounts more than than 4mb/s I get pissed all over again. everytime. msp.

LaraC

Honorary Master
+1 AND their capped softcap accounts allow concurrent connections. Our office DO Premium account which gives 50GB data, and is active on the office 10mb line and my home 4mb line, also clocks up over 10GB of social media usage per month which does not come out of the 50GB cap.There is also 150GB of nightsurfer data used for antivirus updates and scheduled downloads.

Who needs uncapped?
Is YouTube classified as social media and exempted?

Kentric

You need to have another look at AXXESS.

ADSL Upto 4Mbps Capped with line rental: R369 for 30 gig with a 3 month carry over

Pada

Executive Member
Just take note that you get what you pay for.

Like Axxess/Afrihost may be some of the cheapest options, but the latencies and speeds on them are terrible as of the past few months.

So carefully choose before you go for the cheapest option!