AFRIHOST DATA BREACH

Frijx

To all those that have hosted environments with Afrihost... Please be warned, your data and content is not safe.

My entire site and data stored within my hosted environment have gone missing. Its like it never existed. The entire site firstly. But from what I saw the entire wwwroot folder including my data folder that stored some important documentation and code backups has also gone missing.... I firstly couldn't access my ftp. Then I noticed an IIS error stating access was denied when I tried to visit my site via the browser. No one can tell me what has happened. All I want is their IIS logs and FTP access logs, but no one is willing to help me. Clearly their system is flawed and incredibly risky to use. I can't wait until the Data Regulation laws come in to play early next year.

Last edited:

Frijx

Yeah they keep telling me some one will contact me, Its just odd how the entire iis instance can just go missing.... And they can't provide me logs, either it was hacked and deleted or something else has happened....

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Yeah they keep telling me some one will contact me, Its just odd how the entire iis instance can just go missing.... And they can't provide me logs, either it was hacked and deleted or something else has happened....

They've [-]stolen[/-]borrowed your VM to use for smurfing the ISP of the year survey :D

KillerBOB

Can't say I'm surprised, I stopped hosting with Afrihost some years ago.

Frijx

Its supposedly being sorted out now, and they are going to now supply me with the logs. Lets see if I get them.

Frijx

Strangely enough I see someone on hellopeter had the exact same thing happen to them but in september and no one could help him really either

breacher

My experience (multiple incidents) with Afrihost was horrible! Also feels like they doing me a favor to do their job or actually not do it!

Sinbad

Honorary Master
My experience (multiple incidents) with Afrihost was horrible! Also feels like they doing me a favor to do their job or actually not do it!

/looks at name

/looks at thread title

/points

Thor

Honorary Master
Eish time to move on to domains.co.za

Trust me we have first hand experience of this with Afrihoax