Afrihost down

Thor

Honorary Master
At least once a month you guys do something funny and this is the result. My mails don't work, but your support is unable to provide explanations.

2016-09-15_8-37-09.jpg

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Seems fine to me, I'm running my connection at home on AH right now and I can connect to all my machines just fine.

halfmoonforever

Expert Member
Mails are still down.

They should be giving you a nice error message... or does it just timeout when you try to connect to the mail server? May I suggest not using Afrihost (or any ISP, even though Afrihost claims to be a hosting company) to do emails? As you'll have endless issues. Migrate to Google Apps or Rackspace. Never had an issue with them at all.

Thor

Honorary Master
When people ask me, Thor, why do you like domains so much.

Afrihost

2016-09-15_11-24-17.jpg

Domains.co.za

2016-09-15_11-25-15.jpg

neo_

I had huge problems with jason.aserv today - specifically SMTP. Just wasn't doing anything at all. Apparently, there have been issues with the server, and apparently they have been fixed. But I beg to differ.

Thor

Honorary Master
I had huge problems with jason.aserv today - specifically SMTP. Just wasn't doing anything at all. Apparently, there have been issues with the server, and apparently they have been fixed. But I beg to differ.
My monitor says otherwise. Still non stop issues I'll post the logs tonight.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Anything other than Gmail is so 2005.

Not using your name as your domain is so 2005. And $5 a month for Gmail for Work isn't great value when you already have a hosted domain.

Thor

Honorary Master
Not using your name as your domain is so 2005. And $5 a month for Gmail for Work isn't great value when you already have a hosted domain.
I use my name as my domain

Pitty afrihost is giving my name a k@k rep with all the downtime so I moved.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I use my name as my domain

Pitty afrihost is giving my name a k@k rep with all the downtime so I moved.

I generally only use my own domain email for work related stuff. I have bryn<surname>@gmail.com for personal use and bryn<middlename><surname>@gmail.com for registering with websites in case they spam me.

Thor

Honorary Master
I generally only use my own domain email for work related stuff. I have bryn@gmail.com for personal use and bryn@gmail.com for registering with websites in case they spam me.
Oh no no, I have firstnameSurname.com and .co.za

Gmail doesn't look nor feel Profesional at all

edit: Oh I see what you mean you use the gmail for non professional stuff. Sorry.

Last edited:

Genisys

Honorary Master
I've lost plenty of emails before. Decided to try Google apps, received a very important email, and it sticked.

halfmoonforever

Expert Member
They won't be able to. The 1 dude they have running their entire hosting division is too overworked and underpaid to give a crap since the bulk of their money is made through ADSL and Mobile data now.

It's best if you move on to a host that can actually deliver/gives a crap about hosting.

Thor

Honorary Master
Down Again. I wonder if they will pay me back since the downtime is way below their guarantee