Afrihost Fibre & support

PeteBurns

Hi Everyone,

I used to be super impressed with Afrihost. We were a corporate client for years and I found their service levels to be excellent and we also set up a number of private accounts for ourself (myself) included. The last year and the migration to Fibre has been super frustrating:

1 - Set up and package selection was very difficult. There seemed to be system errors ( package selected changed and defaulted to previous package). As a result we really struggled with connectivity. We had long periods where support could not remedy. Up and down and super frustrating dealing with support staff incapable of understanding issue and seeking remedy nor a system which logs comms effectively.
2 - In Nov, 2017, I switched to uncapped and got an email confirming the new uncapped package assigned. For some reason, it switches back to a capped package. Plenty of emails, support requests back and forth and it continues to happen. I have reached out to Afrigenie here via PM and had no response.
3 - We were cut off again this month. I have reached out via WhatsApp as phone lines and email communication lines seem closed and again after waiting some time, I got the "a Fibre representative will contact me"

Everything seems like canned responses and very little care. 2 Questions:
1 - How are others finding Afrihost. Anyone else experiencing difficulties with Afrihost and their support
2 - If you have migrated, who have you moved to and have you had a positive experience?

Regards,
Pete

OCP

Expert Member
I moved all clients away from AH due to ongoing problems with both data and hosting.

Since moving to proper providers there have been virtually no problems and all my clients are happy again.

For fibre I highly recommend CISP.co.za
You won't be disappointed and will get what you pay for all the time.

Billy62

Was with Afrihost on DSL for a few years. Their service was really not good ever, but they always managed to blame Telkom. Now on their Openserve fibre network and service is even worse if that is even possible. Their service agents does not seem to have a clue and are still blaming Telkom (Openserve) who seems to never be 'available'.

The only thing Afrihost seems to be able to do is to apologise profusely and spam you with sms's telling you how important you are to them. :(

I would love to move away from them but the only option here is Openserve. If the problem really does originate with them I'm snookered?

OCP

Expert Member
Was with Afrihost on DSL for a few years. Their service was really not good ever, but they always managed to blame Telkom. Now on their Openserve fibre network and service is even worse if that is even possible. Their service agents does not seem to have a clue and are still blaming Telkom (Openserve) who seems to never be 'available'.

The only thing Afrihost seems to be able to do is to apologise profusely and spam you with sms's telling you how important you are to them. :(

I would love to move away from them but the only option here is Openserve. If the problem really does originate with them I'm snookered?
Not necessarily - have put a lot of clients onto Cool Ideas and they are very efficient at resolving issues with the fibre providers.

AH has a lot of excellent spin doctors but seem to be incapable (or simply don't care) to resolve issues with the fibre providers.

Davieg

Joined Ah six months ago with a 4mbs only for streaming TV.
The first month the service to be honest was OK
Since then it has gone downhill.
I finally cancelled the service last week leaving a scathing criticism of AH on their website.
Since then my download speed probably averages out at 0.55mbs.

Jade @ ZA Domains

ZA Domains representative
Company Rep