Afrihost No Service

Jaquesb

Isn't it interesting that companies who are supposed to be service providers don't really care about the service the providing?

Afrihost is doing just that for the last 8 days to me. I get the run around, and then they credit my account, just to tell me that they won't pay it to me. I've paid for a line, and since the 9th of January I am without internet. Their support team seam clueless, and they are struggling to fix the problem, while the fiber department just say that there is no problem.

Gian Visser is the CEO of the company encourages you to mail him directly if there is a problem but be does not have a clue what is going on, because he does not even answer his own mails. His support person Mosche does, and he sends out the emails AS IF he is the CEO of Afrihost. Is that not a little unsettling that Afrihost is lying to their customers? He even speaks of himself in the 3rd person when answering mails.

I don't mind paying for something I get, but I am sick and tired that I am told that everything is hunky dory when clearly, it’s not. I’m sick and tired being ripped of by a company that is supposed to be so great. I’m looking for anybody that was hurt by Afrihost in the last 3 years where they received no service and Afrihost took their money and didn’t pay it back but rather say you need to use it on something else.
I want to get a class together so that we can sue Afrihost on the CPA. I already lodged a complaint with the Consumer ombudsman regarding this.

Jaquesb

Update on the progress by Afrihost.

They still haven't fixed the problem. Yesterday there Fiber department told me that the Openserve B number was wrong on the system. Somebody added a 0 in front of the B number. How and where nobody can tell me, but that is not the best part. They told me that they will credit me for my offline time, but today I get an email again from their accounts department. It says this:

Because you have decided to cancel before the six months had expired you will be liable for the cancellation fee of R999. Blah Blah Blah
The thing is that my line was installed on the line and activated on the 2 August 2019. They still have not given any indication on the credit for the 13 days I've been offline now, and althrough they have "credited" my account with a R1000 "because of poor service that I received" they want to get this money back and that is why they want to impose the R999 penalty fee now.

This is how ridiculous Afrihost is. I am still looking for others that is willing to come forward where they charged money they were not supposed to.