Afrihost PureLTE Worst Service

SilenT88

HI
I need some advise on how to cancel without getting charged for the modem
reason being I ordered this service in December the modem and sim came on 13th of December it worked 13th to 15th
it stopped working from 16th December and has been down since i keep calling and emailing Afrihost and they say the sim is blocked from MTN side and they have escalate the issue, this has been going on for more that 30 days now. I was charged R999 for the modem, pro rater for December and R799 for January now if cancel on the control panel and block the Debit will my credit rating go down?
Because I don't think its Fair on me to for the modem since they providing for the service i paid for.

Faux_Grey

Hey SilenT88, I've had issues with my service not working since the 9th of december - I must say the walk-in people at afrihost are miles better than the service I've had on the phone and email. If you can I would 100% suggest doing a walk-in if you're in the area.

Is your router also blocked (no signal on 4G?)

SilenT88

Sadly I'm in Durban so no walk in centers as far as know, And yes no Signal on 4G, I tried B618 modem same issue
I just want to cancel with Afrihost and go with supersonic, because all Afrihost is doing when i phone and email is say there is problem on my sim, but they are not swapping it out or anything, Even when i spoke to the manager he said he will phone me next day with a solution but its already been 2 days and no call.

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
HI
I need some advise on how to cancel without getting charged for the modem
reason being I ordered this service in December the modem and sim came on 13th of December it worked 13th to 15th
it stopped working from 16th December and has been down since i keep calling and emailing Afrihost and they say the sim is blocked from MTN side and they have escalate the issue, this has been going on for more that 30 days now. I was charged R999 for the modem, pro rater for December and R799 for January now if cancel on the control panel and block the Debit will my credit rating go down?
Because I don't think its Fair on me to for the modem since they providing for the service i paid for.
I'm really sorry that this has been unresolved for so long. If the SIM was blocked, it's either becuase it was used in a device that is not on the approved list, or the SIM was moved and is now connecting to a different tower. Either way, we should advise you accordingly and give you a way forward. Can you please PM me so I can get this sorted for you. You should still be able to use all your data since it should have rolled over.