Afrihost theft and blatant ignorance.

SilverNodashi

Expert Member
Any results?
I had to pay R1998 cancellation fee. On a product that I didn't receive, and another product which their system decided to order on my behalf. There was only the 20GB CellC package in the order at that time.

Here's how it's progressing so far:

Ordered a 20GB CellC deal on 2018/10/26, 11:57, received 2 order emails, one for the 20GB and another for the 100GB.

Sent them an email on got response back at 2018/10/29, 20:40
Good day Rudi

Trust you are well and thank you fro your valued mail :)

Sincere apologies for the late response, we have a huge influx of mails.

I had a look at your account and noticed that the sim cards have both been sent out and they are at the courier depot.

Unfortunately we will not be able to cancel the 100G sim card and courier will not allow you to only take the 200G sim card on it's own.

You will have to reject the order when they deliver it to you and unfortunately sign up for another order
I actually don't see how he could not cancel the 100GB package since it hasn't been activated or RICA'd yet.

Sent an email to them about this and got the following back at 2018/10/29, 22:40
Yes, you will have to reject the whole order because it will come to you as 1 order under one waybill number so the courier will not be able to leave only one sim card with you.

Afrihost.com
Pure Internet Joy!
The refund takes too long and I ask them about it, get a response back on 2018/11/05, 15:14
Trust you are well :)

Please note that the accounts department will only be able to refund once the order gets to us.

We have sent a request to the courier to return the order back to us.
Ok so let's assume the courier messed up. I mean, why would Afrihost mess up? To wait 6 days for a return package is very long.

So, another 5 days later (2018/11/10, 14:24) and they still don't know anything about it. In fact, they now feel that the order is active and I am enjoying it every bit
I trust you are well.
On our side it shows these three fixed wireless packages.
Please confirm if all they are active or not.

Have a great day and please let me know if I can help with anything else!

They finally got the package from the courier, two week later. Not sure about this, perhaps they moved their HQ to ghana? This was on 2018/11/12, 22:01
Good day Rudi

Trust you are well :)

Please note that the order has been returned to us and the accounts department have been notified to process the refund of your money.

I do humbly apologize that this took long, we just have procedures to follow and the refund would not be processed until the order was received by us.

I do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and frustration caused.
So, I got the following invoice on

CellC Promotion Cancellation Charge 59587282 2018-12-01 2018-12-31 R999.00

CellC Promotion Cancellation Charge 59587299 2018-12-01 2018-12-31 R999.00
And this is their response about the cancellation fee that they stole, I mean, deducted off my account

Thanks for your mail. You have been charged R1998.00 cancellation charge for 100GB CellC and 20GB CellC. Which you have requested cancellation on 2018-11-12. Both the service was signed up on 2018-10-26.

According to terms and conditions you are liable to pay the cancellation charge of R999.00 each.

So, yes, very chuffed with how Afrihost deals with this. SARS, DTI and the SAPS will have a field day with this one on Monday. I hope @AfriMan don't mind.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
I had to pay R1998 cancellation fee. On a product that I didn't receive, and another product which their system decided to order on my behalf. There was only the 20GB CellC package in the order at that time.

Here's how it's progressing so far:

Ordered a 20GB CellC deal on 2018/10/26, 11:57, received 2 order emails, one for the 20GB and another for the 100GB.

Sent them an email on got response back at 2018/10/29, 20:40

I actually don't see how he could not cancel the 100GB package since it hasn't been activated or RICA'd yet.

Sent an email to them about this and got the following back at 2018/10/29, 22:40

The refund takes too long and I ask them about it, get a response back on 2018/11/05, 15:14

Ok so let's assume the courier messed up. I mean, why would Afrihost mess up? To wait 6 days for a return package is very long.

So, another 5 days later (2018/11/10, 14:24) and they still don't know anything about it. In fact, they now feel that the order is active and I am enjoying it every bit

They finally got the package from the courier, two week later. Not sure about this, perhaps they moved their HQ to ghana? This was on 2018/11/12, 22:01

So, I got the following invoice on

And this is their response about the cancellation fee that they stole, I mean, deducted off my account

So, yes, very chuffed with how Afrihost deals with this. SARS, DTI and the SAPS will have a field day with this one on Monday. I hope @AfriMan don't mind.

I have gone through this thread and it looks like there is a lot of history here. I am not sure if this has been sorted out, but I can put you in touch with an Accounts Manager who will work through this with you. I am sure he will be able to sort this out for you if there hasn't been a conclusion yet.

Please send me a PM with your account information so we can get down to the bottom of this.

Mitch6

HI guys

Thank you so much for this inform.

To think I almost signed up for this package this week.

@AfriMan , you guys seriously need to reconsider the cancellation fee because should client's have an issue with the ordering and delivery details, we are automatically billed.

I've been an ADSL client with you for a couple of years now and have had no issues, though my speed requirements have evolved and do not have Fibre as yet. hence why I wanted to sign up for this package.

I sincerely hope you will consider the concerns addressed in the forums for this deal as R999 is exorbitant, especially when it wasn't even the client's fault.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
HI guys

Thank you so much for this inform.

To think I almost signed up for this package this week.

@AfriMan , you guys seriously need to reconsider the cancellation fee because should client's have an issue with the ordering and delivery details, we are automatically billed.

I've been an ADSL client with you for a couple of years now and have had no issues, though my speed requirements have evolved and do not have Fibre as yet. hence why I wanted to sign up for this package.

I sincerely hope you will consider the concerns addressed in the forums for this deal as R999 is exorbitant, especially when it wasn't even the client's fault.
The cancellation fee is there because of the promotional packages we offer. The cancellation fee is only valid if you happen to cancel within 6 months of signing up. If you cancel after the 6 month time frame we won't charge you anything.

If there aren't any promotions linked to the packages we won't charge anything for the cancellation.