Afrihost theft and blatant ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Napalm

Expert Member
Ye dude.. i dropped Afrihost long time ago... then i went to Rain capped 55gig. Then Rain palmed me off to Afrihost. Like i didn't even know they were doing that... one day i just saw a popup saying i'm capped and afrihost logo's with login/pass screen. (cancelled it immediately.. and gave Rain an earfull)

SilverNodashi

Expert Member
I had to pay R1998 cancellation fee. On a product that I didn't receive, and another product which their system decided to order on my behalf. There was only the 20GB CellC package in the order at that time.

Here's how it's progressing so far:

Ordered a 20GB CellC deal on 2018/10/26, 11:57, received 2 order emails, one for the 20GB and another for the 100GB.

Sent them an email on got response back at 2018/10/29, 20:40
Good day Rudi

Trust you are well and thank you fro your valued mail :)

Sincere apologies for the late response, we have a huge influx of mails.

I had a look at your account and noticed that the sim cards have both been sent out and they are at the courier depot.

Unfortunately we will not be able to cancel the 100G sim card and courier will not allow you to only take the 200G sim card on it's own.

You will have to reject the order when they deliver it to you and unfortunately sign up for another order
I actually don't see how he could not cancel the 100GB package since it hasn't been activated or RICA'd yet.

Sent an email to them about this and got the following back at 2018/10/29, 22:40
Yes, you will have to reject the whole order because it will come to you as 1 order under one waybill number so the courier will not be able to leave only one sim card with you.

Afrihost.com
Pure Internet Joy!
The refund takes too long and I ask them about it, get a response back on 2018/11/05, 15:14
Trust you are well :)

Please note that the accounts department will only be able to refund once the order gets to us.

We have sent a request to the courier to return the order back to us.
Ok so let's assume the courier messed up. I mean, why would Afrihost mess up? To wait 6 days for a return package is very long.

So, another 5 days later (2018/11/10, 14:24) and they still don't know anything about it. In fact, they now feel that the order is active and I am enjoying it every bit
I trust you are well.
On our side it shows these three fixed wireless packages.
Please confirm if all they are active or not.

Have a great day and please let me know if I can help with anything else!

They finally got the package from the courier, two week later. Not sure about this, perhaps they moved their HQ to ghana? This was on 2018/11/12, 22:01
Good day Rudi

Trust you are well :)

Please note that the order has been returned to us and the accounts department have been notified to process the refund of your money.

I do humbly apologize that this took long, we just have procedures to follow and the refund would not be processed until the order was received by us.

I do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and frustration caused.
So, I got the following invoice on

CellC Promotion Cancellation Charge 59587282 2018-12-01 2018-12-31 R999.00

CellC Promotion Cancellation Charge 59587299 2018-12-01 2018-12-31 R999.00
And this is their response about the cancellation fee that they stole, I mean, deducted off my account

Thanks for your mail. You have been charged R1998.00 cancellation charge for 100GB CellC and 20GB CellC. Which you have requested cancellation on 2018-11-12. Both the service was signed up on 2018-10-26.

According to terms and conditions you are liable to pay the cancellation charge of R999.00 each.

So, yes, very chuffed with how Afrihost deals with this. SARS, DTI and the SAPS will have a field day with this one on Monday. I hope @Afroman don't mind.

Crossing_Swords

I had to pay R1998 cancellation fee. On a product that I didn't receive, and another product which their system decided to order on my behalf. There was only the 20GB CellC package in the order at that time.

Here's how it's progressing so far:

Ordered a 20GB CellC deal on 2018/10/26, 11:57, received 2 order emails, one for the 20GB and another for the 100GB.

Sent them an email on got response back at 2018/10/29, 20:40

I actually don't see how he could not cancel the 100GB package since it hasn't been activated or RICA'd yet.

Sent an email to them about this and got the following back at 2018/10/29, 22:40

The refund takes too long and I ask them about it, get a response back on 2018/11/05, 15:14

Ok so let's assume the courier messed up. I mean, why would Afrihost mess up? To wait 6 days for a return package is very long.

So, another 5 days later (2018/11/10, 14:24) and they still don't know anything about it. In fact, they now feel that the order is active and I am enjoying it every bit

They finally got the package from the courier, two week later. Not sure about this, perhaps they moved their HQ to ghana? This was on 2018/11/12, 22:01

So, I got the following invoice on

And this is their response about the cancellation fee that they stole, I mean, deducted off my account

So, yes, very chuffed with how Afrihost deals with this. SARS, DTI and the SAPS will have a field day with this one on Monday. I hope @Afroman don't mind.
Haha wow... This is crazy, man! Hope you get it sorted out. I've always had good service with Afrihost, but haven't had anything go wrong recently except Rain getting slower and slower. Guess I've been lucky.

SilverNodashi

Expert Member
@Afroman seeing as you represent #Afrihost, I would like some clarity on the following please.

1. How does your system add two orders without telling the client upfront, or even displaying both so he has an option to cancel one? All modern shopping carts always display all products, with the ability to delete something unwanted. Maybe it's time you guys catch up to modern technology?

2. How is it even possible that a client cannot cancel a product, which in this case was incorrectly ordered by your system, before it gets delivered, and still keep the desired product? I can list countless modern e-commerce vendors who have this option. Geez, even at a supermarket I have the ability, and freedom to take something out of my shopping trolley if someone else jokingly put it there without my knowledge.

3. How is it that even though regulatory bodies, like the National Consumer Protection Act (yes, this counts for everyone in South Africa), National Credit Act (again, for everyone in South Africa), RICA (which I believe is for everyone as well exist, that you feel you are above their rules and regulations?

4. How is it even possible to be charged a cancellation fee on a month-to-month product, which is 3 times more expensive than the product itself? And then on top of that, the product was never delivered, ON YOUR INSTRUCTION.

5. How is it, that when your staff say I need to cancel the order, they still process it? Why do you employ people who cannot count or read properly?

6. How is it possible, in this modern age, that it takes the courier to deliver a package within 4 days, but return the same package only 15 days later? Perhaps you should move your offices to a big city like Johannesburg?

Last edited:

SilverNodashi

Expert Member
@Afroman, seeing as your accounts department don't care and Gian doesn't respond to emails or phone calls, please find attached a copy of my email sent to FNB Fraud division, as well as the Consumer Protection Act.

Please find attached my debit order dispute. I ordered a 20GB CellC SIM card at R219.00/pm from Afrihost.com on 2018/10/26, 11:57. Their system then ordered another package for 100GB CellC SIM, at R530.00/pm on my behalf, without my concent and knowledge. When I saw this, I disputed the matter on 2018/10/29, 20:24 when I saw this fault. Please note: I did not order the 100GB package.

They only cancelled the whole order on the 2018/11/15, 11:56 but then proceeded to invoice me a cancellation of R999 per SIM card on 2018/12/01, 01:05. So they blatantly stalled the whole process just to steal my money.
I am on my way to the Police to open a case of fraud and theft, and then take it to SARS as it constitutes VAT fraud as well.

Last edited:

hungrymamba

@Afroman, seeing as your accounts department don't care and Gian doesn't respond to emails or phone calls, please find attached a copy of my email sent to FNB Fraud division, as well as the Consumer Protection Act.

I am on my way to the Policy to open a case of fraud and theft, and then take it to SARS as it constitutes VAT fraud as well.
@Afroman last seen 26 July 2018 - Is he still even alive?

Robinm_za

Woooah. SO glad I came across this.

Afrihost have just done a very similar thing to me. I tried to migrate to Cell C but the wizard messed up the order and they sent a RAIN SIM. I cancelled it. Got R999.00 taken out of my account for a "cancellation fee". Wendy from accounts said there is no evidence that I did a migration so I am still liable.

How do we fight this?

Nobody Important

Executive Member
@Afroman last seen 26 July 2018 - Is he still even alive?
Gian emailed me yesterday, personally (was addressed to me) and email signed off in his name. Shew I must be important, he wants me to celebrate 18 years of pure internet joy with him. (I'm just now waiting for the follow up email with details of the party at his pad... :unsure: )

Robinm_za

Gian emailed me yesterday, personally (was addressed to me) and email signed off in his name. Shew I must be important, he wants me to celebrate 18 years of pure internet joy with him. (I'm just now waiting for the follow up email with details of the party at his pad... :unsure: )
You will probably find him on an island somewhere hiding under some private protection service or such. I am sure he tops the list of the most hated people in SA

Status
Not open for further replies.