Afrihost Vodacom Fixed 5G thread

Really bad speeds lately. seems like the tower is heavily overloaded..
I switched from the Afrihost Vodacom Fixed 5G to Vodacom Direct.
I went from 20mbps odd (Afrihost) to over 500mbps (Vodacom Direct), using the same router in the same building.
Afrihost do not seem to have enough breakout capacity on the Vodacom network.
 
I switched from the Afrihost Vodacom Fixed 5G to Vodacom Direct.
I went from 20mbps odd (Afrihost) to over 500mbps (Vodacom Direct), using the same router in the same building.
Afrihost do not seem to have enough breakout capacity on the Vodacom network.
It's not that Afrihost limits the speed on most packages (20mbps, 50mbps) except the unlimited package
 
Well I'm on the unlimited package and performance is horrendous and has been for quite a while now. I have again logged an issue, but now it 24-72 working hours for the LTE department to do something about it, so that 3-9 working days, basically it can take up to two weeks for them to do anything, which is half a billing period.

@Afrigirl can you help me out here?
1790945250482.png
 
Well I'm on the unlimited package and performance is horrendous and has been for quite a while now. I have again logged an issue, but now it 24-72 working hours for the LTE department to do something about it, so that 3-9 working days, basically it can take up to two weeks for them to do anything, which is half a billing period.

@Afrigirl can you help me out here?
View attachment 1942114
Hi.

May I please have the ticket reference.
 
Here is a speedtest that I did a few minutes ago on my Cool Ideas Vodacom 5G service if that's of any interest.

Screenshot_20261002-155203.png
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X