Aids experts condemn SA minister

No wonder I think the reports of more tourists coming every year is BS...I'm sure the Dr. Tshabalala Msidwang diet has been published in all major news sources around the world.

Yet Mbeki STILL doesn't do anything about it (indirectly supporting her ludicrious policies)
 
Are the idiots in government making the same mistakes as the USSR?

Lysenkoism

I especially like this part:
In 1948, genetics was officially declared "a bourgeois pseudoscience"; all geneticists were fired from work (some were also arrested), and all genetic research was discontinued. Nikita Khrushchev also valued Lysenko as a great scientist, and the taboo on genetics continued (but all geneticists were released or rehabilitated posthumously). Only in the middle of the 1960s was it waived. As a consequence, Lysenkoism caused serious, long-term harm to Soviet biology. It represented a serious failure of the early Soviet leadership to find real solutions to agricultural problems, allowing their system to be hijacked by a charlatan — at the expense of many human lives. Lysenkoism also spread to China, where it continued long after it was eventually denounced by the Soviets.
Well now, doesn't that sound familiar...

Numbnuts ignore science at their own peril.
 
if there was a cure for hiv/aids, you can rest assured that big business would make sure it would never see the light of day.
Of course it would. There are simply too many people/organizations/countries working on it for it not to be made public.
 
Of course it would. There are simply too many people/organizations/countries working on it for it not to be made public.

I agree - the prestige of being the person or people to discover a cure will far outweigh everything else
 
same as the prestige for inventing the 200mpg car? just playing devil's advocate.
 
I agree - the prestige of being the person or people to discover a cure will far outweigh everything else

that's why it took so long for hybrid cars to enter the market, and still I don't see the H cell battery cars being marketed - or where is the big push towards alternate fuels ( as they exist already )

In the end it's

Profit uber alles

The big Oil companies have succesfully stopped it from happening, just like the big pharmeceuticals will stop a cure from ever being released
 
xtermin8or, dont start agreeing with me now:-)
it is ruining the status quo, hehehehehe
 
You cant compare a pandemic with cars.

There are simply too many companies, organisations and agencies working on a cure. A pharmaceutical company can only control what they develop and I hardly see the likes of IAVI et al selling out to one.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X