Airtime dissapeared

3Gee

Expert Member
My airtime litterally depleted without any actions in terms of calls , data , sms tonight. This is the first time this has ever happened to me.

First sms , airtime running low , check again , under R5
Checked a min later , sitting at R0.18

Freeme bundles still there for now

WTF

3Gee

Expert Member
Found the problem. iMessage sending out repeated activation requests to the Apple server.

I have been struggling for a week to activate iMessage on my number.

No activation requests were being sent out , as airtime amount stayed the same.

Now for some reason it is sending out non stop sms requests in the background to Apple.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Thanks for coming back to us with the real issue.

My airtime litterally depleted without any actions in terms of calls , data , sms tonight. This is the first time this has ever happened to me.
This is what people always (mostly about data) tell me, then whenever I check their device out:

Them: "All my data disappeared! * stole my data so they can put it back in the pool to resell it! Thieving bastards!"

Me: "Let me check"

Me: "You know you set your * million photos to backup to google drive/iCloud" or "It seems you recently enabled cloud backup of you **GB whatsapp"

Them: "Yes, and?" or "No I didn't"

Me: "It's a whole lot of big items and it uses data" or "Well, it didn't enable itself, now what one can do is blah blah blah

3Gee

Expert Member
iMessage depleted about R45 worth of airtime , sending non stop SMS’s in the background to Apples server’s before it activated.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
iMessage depleted about R45 worth of airtime , sending non stop SMS’s in the background to Apples server’s before it activated.
I had a similar problem last week, or possibly the week before, trying to activate imessage. My smses came out of my freeme bundle though.

Stayn

I had a similar problem last week, or possibly the week before, trying to activate imessage. My smses came out of my freeme bundle though.
My airtime is always depleted so I want this problem to be solved

3Gee

Expert Member
iMessage send’s out an international SMS in the background. Weird that it used your Freeme bundle