All things Shelly

ShellySA

Dealer

Nimz

Executive Member
Where do we see or buy your products from?

ShellySA

Dealer
Takealot for the time being, to allow purchasers to use ebucks.

Shelly 1, 1PM, Dimmer and the new Duo bulb are items available on Takealot.

• 1 is rated (16 amps 3500 Watt load capacity) for appliances such as coffee machines, electric heaters, ceiling fans, pool pumps and IC gensets.

• 1PM - with power monitoring, is designed for conventional geysers and A/C. (Geyser elements not exceeding 3500 watts)

• Dimmer is ideal for lighting, (200 watt load) and can dim lights to say 45 % / 1500 kelvin at 20h00 in the evening.

• DUO bulb is a new colour temperature smart bulb

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Just want to confirm, they Shelly Dimmer will work with a two way switch?

I currently have two dimmer switches connected to my cinema room downlights (one on each side of the room)

MEIOT

Expert Member
I'll stick to sonoff for now - options are always good though. Will check when pricing on these start getting to sonoff value for money levels.

ShellySA

Dealer
Just want to confirm, they Shelly Dimmer will work with a two way switch?

I currently have two dimmer switches connected to my cinema room downlights (one on each side of the room)

Indeed it will, (Note that you will need to chase neutral to switch point for power)
We recommend using WAGO terminal connectors for wiring

Herewith the schematics:

ShellySA

Dealer
I'll stick to sonoff for now - options are always good though. Will check when pricing on these start getting to sonoff value for money levels.
No problem, feel free to post if you have any technical queries

ebendl

Expert Member

I find these easier to install simply because they're much smaller.

As per the other thread, it would be good to have local certification.

@ShellySA when are you expecting the Shelly EM?

xrapidx

Honorary Master
I find the Shelly stuff much better quality than Sonoff - and easier to install, also better for custom usage like home-assistant.

Overtime, I'll replace my Sonoff with Shelly - but - first I've got a ton of other projects to finish.

ShellySA

Dealer
For users interested in Shelly EM (Single phase) with 50Amp load capacity and Shelly 3EM (Three phase) with 120 Amp load capacity.

We will post reading material on this forum