Altcointrader is dodgy

capitalgsw

I transferred my ETH from Altcointrader to another Exchange wallet on Friday evening. ACT withdrawal status says "completed" but etherscan.io has no transaction pending or processed for that address. So ACT has made my ETH disappear. Of course my support ticket just sits in progress with no response from them. They are dodgy. Avoid at all costs.

Update:
Just spoke to support again after they failed to get back to me as promised. They have no idea what happened to my ETH and "will probably refund me within a few days". Absolutely pathetic. They are oblivious to the fact that as a trader, I'm losing money every moment I can't trade. Bunch of crooks. Consider yourself warned.

Last edited:

blah99

The thing with altcointrader is that they do EVERYTHING manually. They should get with the times and automate like everyone else.

Cursed_SX

Exact same thing happened to me on Wednesday night but with Bitcoin Cash. Ticket also just in progress.

I'm stuck with altcointrader, i have been with them for nearly 3yrs without any issue, until this Saturday 24th when i deposited large such of R250,000 and it was credited to my account same day as always from fnb to fnb, i decide to buy stellar coins and my transaction was completed with them deducting their trading commission and remained with 88695.71200000 XLM. I initiated a withdraw to my wallet(Blockchain Wallet), and waited for money to arrive in my wallet, I received withdraw confirmation in my email as usual and confirmed it, to my surprise the transaction was completed in my altcoin account but I don’t have it my wallet nor any transaction ID for that transaction. I checked my address in stellar explorer and address is empty coz it was still new wallet. I have written to them with all screenshot but only receive email back that my transaction was completed. Below is the address and amount. I cant give up my funds because I know someone pressed a complete button without sending my money.

They don’t even provide me with transaction ID or any explanation if they didn’t have coins that time. I will not accept to loose my money.
I will sue the Company if they don’t release my coins because I bought them.

This mail is sent as a security precaution. Did you request a XLM withdrawal? For an amount of 88695.71200000 XLM XLM address: GDUFXBOIW2Z7Z63IPUHO4LNTAZEW633KMRKKU7LITRF3UBF7B4WGAMAH Altcoin trader Stellar withdraw222.JPG

John Tempus

Expert Member
I just now bothered to look at the amount he withdrew and Altcoin prices must be shockingly high.

For R250000 he got ripped atleast R35k above market rates at the day of withdrawal looking at daily average price of around $0.178 per XLM for that day.

BitcoinZAR

I just now bothered to look at the amount he withdrew and Altcoin prices must be shockingly high.

For R250000 he got ripped atleast R35k above market rates at the day of withdrawal looking at daily average price of around $0.178 per XLM for that day.
I think the withdrawal fee is 1XLM if that screenshot is correct. Maybe he just paid a premium price because its on a local exchange, instead of an international one.

John Tempus

Expert Member
I think the withdrawal fee is 1XLM if that screenshot is correct. Maybe he just paid a premium price because its on a local exchange, instead of an international one.
Not sure why you mention withdrawal fee, I did not suggest he paid R250000 for 1 XLM , haha. :)

He definitely paid premium price due to it being on SA exchange and that is part of my point why having no access to his withdrawn coins assuming he wanted to get out of his position as the market crashed makes it even more upsetting.

I wonder if he managed to get it resolved today.

Don6671

Been using ATC for awhile now and haven't had any big issues, sometimes feedback and website notices take awhile, and wallet maintenance sometimes takes longer than usual. Other than that it's a good exchange. I have my theory what they are doing with the crypto. My solution for faster transactions is, use Luno, deposit into your Luno wallet, buy ETH, send to Blockchain and exchange for XLM. Believe me or not, much less transaction fees. Being using Luno and Bittrex for almost 2 years now.