'Alternative' posters

Executive Member
Apologies if this has already been posted.

Driving through Sandton over the past week, I've noticed an increasing amount of posters, featuring Kgalema Motlanthe, with the tagline "the tried & tested alternative"/"die beproefde alternatief". No other indication as to where these originate from, or who's behind them.

These have been placed on the same light poles as the other parties' posters.

Anyone able to shed some light on what these are about and who is behind this?

It fails to make any sense to me. We don't vote for people, we vote for parties. Also, as he is still very much a part of the ANC, they, not us, get to choose the president of the party and, if the majority vote for them, the President of the country. Is this perhaps a way of rallying people to demand an alternative to Zuma?

DigitalSoldier

Honorary Master
Apologies if this has already been posted.

Driving through Sandton over the past week, I've noticed an increasing amount of posters, featuring Kgalema Motlanthe, with the tagline "the tried & tested alternative"/"die beproefde alternatief". No other indication as to where these originate from, or who's behind them.

Those are IFP posters :D

It is actually Dr Mangosuthu Buthelezi on the posters.

Last edited:

Executive Member
I cannot have been driving past them that fast! Or maybe I was :eek:

DigitalSoldier

Honorary Master
Meh. All those politicians look the same to me.

Agreed.

Just drove past one of the IFP posters again and the entire poster is black with Buthelezi's pic and Afr/Eng/Zulu text, the trusted alternative.

The IFP name is not on the poster, neither is there any other indication that it is an IFP poster