Alternative to Satrix

Lovely

Hi guys,

I have had it with Satrix...is there an alternative? I wanna keep saving the R500 every month into the stock exchange or something even better if there?

Some companies are great until you have to deal with their call centre people. I started out being polite and now I had scream to be escalated and even then, nothing...I am tired.

Please help.

surface

Honorary Master
Never had any issues with satrix except begining when fica documents were being submitted, smooth sailing after that. What were trying to do if I may ask? Etfsa.co.za is alternative to buy wide range of etf's

Beachless

Executive Member
I agree satrix is not great in terms of admin. You can look into the following I know the sanlam one has a debit order option but I dont remember if the others do:

Coronation Top 20
Sanlam Equally Weighted Top 40
Nedgroup Core Diversified
Investec Value

But as always with investment s you're on your own.

Freaksta

Expert Member
Easyequities is great. I'm buying on an ad hoc basis. I transfer money and in a couple hours it's been allocated to my account.

FNB is also easy if u bank with them.

ETFSA is run by exactly the same people as Satrix (AOS outsourcing) and they seem to have exactly the same admin processes ( i have an account with Satrix and etfsa).

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Hi guys,

I have had it with Satrix...is there an alternative? I wanna keep saving the R500 every month into the stock exchange or something even better if there?

Some companies are great until you have to deal with their call centre people. I started out being polite and now I had scream to be escalated and even then, nothing...I am tired.

Please help.

...again, which bank are you with?

ETFSA is great I hear. EasyEquities is new but I use it a bit. So far so good (it's cheap and one day when I want to buy non ETF shares I'll be on a platform that supports it). The bulk of my stuff is with FNB Share Saver atm.

Lovely

Hi guys, thanks for responding.

Funny thing I was advicing a friend to get Satrix last week.

I am with Capitec but I opened an FNB account today for Adsense account. It's quicker with FNB to process.

Anyways, I will be looking into their option.

I also love the options you've given to me Beachless. :)

EasyEquities from GT247? I heard Charles talking about it. I will go and read up. Freaksta what do you mean it's transferred into your account? What money? Please explain a bit.

Galactica

Expert Member
Easyequities is great. I'm buying on an ad hoc basis. I transfer money and in a couple hours it's been allocated to my account.

FNB is also easy if u bank with them.

ETFSA is run by exactly the same people as Satrix (AOS outsourcing) and they seem to have exactly the same admin processes ( i have an account with Satrix and etfsa).
Your not worried about your EasyEquites-acquired shares not being on your name at the JSE?

Freaksta

Expert Member
Hi guys, thanks for responding.

Funny thing I was advicing a friend to get Satrix last week.

I am with Capitec but I opened an FNB account today for Adsense account. It's quicker with FNB to process.

Anyways, I will be looking into their option.

I also love the options you've given to me Beachless. :)

EasyEquities from GT247? I heard Charles talking about it. I will go and read up. Freaksta what do you mean it's transferred into your account? What money? Please explain a bit.

So with Satrix when you want to add money you pay R3.5 per debit order. Or you create a lump sum order and fill in some forms and fax it. Wait like 2 days and they allocate it to your account.

Easyequities I just transfer money and its directly allocated to my account, I can buy or sell as I please.

Easy equities

Hamster

Resident Rodent
I do not know the costs involved with ETFSA, but to my knowledge the only platform cheaper than EE is FNB's Share Saver provided that you buy on the first trading day of the month (0.1% + VAT and that includes STRATE etc). It also forces you into buying specific ETFs. By far the cheapest I know off.

InTheWild

Hi guys,

Please help.

Being fed up with the Satrix admin site or the actual ETFs is 2 different things.

I agree that Easy Equities is the easiest out there and cheap. But the share ownership is still a big question mark in my mind. But having the self help option available at that price is awesome. Of course you can transfer your Satrix shares from Satrix to Easy Equities, so you can still keep them if the admin site is your worst gripe.

On the ETF side, I personally like some Satrix ETFs still but I also like the Nedbank BBET40 ETF (equally allocated to the top 40, not like STX40) and DBX World (for offshore exposure). ETFSA has all the info on all the relevant ETFs.

Not advice, just personal preference! :)

Lovely

@Adidas noted and thanks. :)

Don't really like Nedbank but I will look at that option.

OHNO

Lovely, what is the problem you have with Satrix, give more info.