Amazon to launch unlimited e-book subscription

rrh

Expert Member
I subscribe to a daily newsletter - one of many such - that lists over 100 books available from Amazon for free on that day.

Whilst I grant that the newsletter doesn't include any Ludlums, it has included Kurt Vonnegut & William Diehl.

Besides which, it is fun to read unknown authors (all rated 4-stars and above): if you don't like the book it can easily be ditched, knowing that it was free ...

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
What newsletter would this be?

Depending on how this Amazon services turns out, but at R100 per month (give or take), I would be keen to be able to read whatever I want when I want.

ABCpt

Expert Member
Depending on the books available and cost, I would love to make use of this.

Ninja'd

A Djinn
Sounds good but it would be a waste for me since I'm such a slow reader.

bokdrol

Executive Member
Fabulous news. I am a prolific reader when I can find the time. I wanted to get a kindle but at R100 + per book, I will stick to the library. But R100 a month is a bargain!

But according to the article, it may not happen? :(

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Fabulous news. I am a prolific reader when I can find the time. I wanted to get a kindle but at R100 + per book, I will stick to the library. But R100 a month is a bargain!

Yup, this will swing me over to getting a kindle for sure.

hellfire

Honorary Master
I subscribe to a daily newsletter - one of many such - that lists over 100 books available from Amazon for free on that day.

Whilst I grant that the newsletter doesn't include any Ludlums, it has included Kurt Vonnegut & William Diehl.

Besides which, it is fun to read unknown authors (all rated 4-stars and above): if you don't like the book it can easily be ditched, knowing that it was free ...

Newsletter subscription details, please?

diabolus

Executive Member
I would definitely go for this. I'm already on board with the same system for music (i.e. you pay R60 per month and have unlimited access to all music). It takes a bit of a mind-shift in the sense that you never ever actually own anything, the moment the subscription stops , you got nothing. In terms of music , if i really really like something i would then go out and buy it, but in the end, i've found i don't actually NEED to hoard gigs of music and trying to fit it on all my devices and copying it everwhere and all that annoying admin.

Same applies to my book collection, i tend to hoard books on special or buy extra books for when i go on holiday and never get to read them and unlike music, i never ever read a book twice...so this is probably a better deal than music...

copacetic

King of the Hippies
If it's accessible somehow, and the range is good, this sounds like a sweet deal.