Amazon Web Services Information event in JHB - 17 October

gkm

Expert Member
I thought some of you might be interested in this event about Amazon Cloud Computing:

We’re hosting an Information event /open day (well, evening) in Johannesburg on October 17th from 6-8pm at The Venue - 17 The High Street Melrose Arch, Johannesburg and would like to get as many of Gauteng’s technical folks there to create awareness of what we’re doing in South Africa, etc. Anyone who’s interested in attending, should register via this Quicket link by clicking on the “Book now” button: http://www.quicket.co.za/events/1054-amazon-web-services-open-day-in-johannesburg/

Praemon

Expert Member
Would love to have gone and checked that out, but unfortunately other commitments got in the way. But can someone who's going please ask one of the Amazon reps when they will be expanding their network to include a South African node. Even if it's just an EDGE location to start with. They're constantly talking about expanding their SA offices even further, yet they don't actually offer locally hosted services for any of their products. :p

twicode

Expert Member
I thought of going but 2 hours only didn't seem worthwhile for a peak hour trip.

Did they mention anything South African specific?

guest2013-1

Why market it as a Webservices Information event if it's just a recruitment drive? I would have been disappointed as well as there are a few things I'd love to be able to do with AWS