AMD 486 Socket 3 Combo

Migs

Item: AMD 486 Combo, Socket 3 Motherboard with no model number that can be searched by, AMD 486 DX4 100mhz CPU (new Fan Fitted), 16mb RAM, Ati Rage 2 PCI video card(not pictured)
Price: R550
Warranty: None
Packaging: In a motherboard box that can fit.
Condition: Good, working 100%
Reason: Not Needed
Shipping: By Buyers choice of courier
Collection: At my home.
Link:
Processor: http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/80486/AMD-A80486DX4-100NV8T.html

Last edited:

dabean

Expert Member
16MB RAM according to the power on self test. Nice machine back in the day.

Magnum

Expert Member
A Raspberry PI could emulate this and still be faster for Cheaper. And if another Kid ask me why I 3D printed the save icon.....

FaSMaN

Expert Member
A Raspberry PI could emulate this and still be faster for Cheaper. And if another Kid ask me why I 3D printed the save icon.....
Emulation doesn't compare to the real thing, for instance you mentioned a Pi so I presume dosbox, PC speaker sounds doesn't get emulated properly making earlier games sounds like complete &$#@$_ just run Duke 1 or 2, sound blaster emulation isn't perfect either, not to mention you don't get the intrencities that a real PC gives you, like the little bit of background interference from a sound card when the HDD is in use.

I could go on and write a TL : DR post but I don't think doing do in a sales thread is the right place.

Migs

Tseng mt432p PCI video card was replaced with another video card. Details to be listed soon.