Analyst Developer Positions Available

Position Description
LIPCO is looking for an analyst developer to join our existing software team. The position is available at LIPCO’s head office in Bloubergstrand. The developer will report to LIPCO’s information systems manager.

BCom\BSc candidates – We are looking for you!

Requirements
Education and Experience
1. Relevant technical or business degree will be advantageous.
2. System analysis and design experience will be advantageous.
3. C#, Java, VB.Net or Classic ASP programming experience will be advantageous.
4. Experience with the below will be advantageous:
• Web technologies such as HTML, JavaScript, CSS, JSP and ASP.
• Multi-tier applications.
• Windows and web services.
• Entity framework.
• MS SQL Server 2008 and up.
• Team Foundation Server

5. An MCSD certification will be advantageous.
6. User requirements, functional specification and change control documentation writing skills.
7. Working experience in financial industry will be advantageous.

Personal
1. Be fun, self-motivated, energetic and must work well in a team.
2. Be fluent in English and another language.
3. Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
4. Strong sense of responsibility and ownership towards final products.
5. Have own transport.
6. Must be living in Cape Town.

Duties
1. Gather requirements from end users and producing relevant technical documentation to be used in development.
2. Build and expand web applications from business and user requirements using the above mentioned programming languages.
3. Writing reports and extracting data from DBMS using transact SQL that can be used for reporting.
4. Provide support to team member and end users.

Salary range between R10,000 and R20,000 per month\CTC
You can apply by sending your CV to recruitment@lipco.co.za

Last edited:

Necropolis

Executive Member
Analyst developer :wtf:

Two words which shouldn't be next to each other in a job title.

Also you don't mention experience required - but at what you are looking to spend you will be lucky to hire someone fresh out of varsity...

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
If you doubled the salary range you'd still struggle to find someone competent in those fields.

Perhaps you should advertise the position as intended for graduates and not requiring experience.

gerhardusSteffy

Analyst developer :wtf:

Two words which shouldn't be next to each other in a job title.

Also you don't mention experience required - but at what you are looking to spend you will be lucky to hire someone fresh out of varsity...

Actually you get a that title a lot in financial institutions. Don't really know why these guys needs one though. I also agree that is not nearly enough.

initroot

Jeez guys. If we keep going at this rate no-one ever would want to post here. OP never stated years experience required so it's safe to assume their not looking for experts but grads.

^^vampire^^

Expert Member
Jeez guys. If we keep going at this rate no-one ever would want to post here. OP never stated years experience required so it's safe to assume their not looking for experts but grads.

Was thinking this the other day, no one will post jobs again :D but honestly, "potential employers" are just taking the piss.

What kind of an idiot studies a BSc, then does an MCSD as well as System analysis and design experience,
then knows C#, Java, VB.Net or Classic ASP with experience, knows Web technologies such as HTML, JavaScript, CSS, JSP and ASP,
can design Multi-tier applications makes Windows and web services while making use of Entity framework, MS SQL Server 2008 and up and Team Foundation Server and then accepts R20 000.

I know it says "would be nice to have" or "advantageous", but seriously who is going to develop these skills in a) a year that that can apply them well or b) willing to take that kind of pay for being able to do those things properly.

Employers are just taking a chance. They want someone who can do everything under the sun because they see all job ads with 1000 items of what you must be able to do while trying to pay subpar salaries. The last 3 days they have held training at my workplace and only then did I realise how much I've learned over the past few years and how many light years I am beyond many of my peers (software dev or otherwise). Some people struggle with simple math and get paid pretty well; they struggle to wrap their head around the concept of hexadecimal, nevermind everything else.

SA employers are cheapskate bastards, especially those that can afford to pay the salaries people deserve.

cguy

Executive Member
Was thinking this the other day, no one will post jobs again :D but honestly, "potential employers" are just taking the piss.

What kind of an idiot studies a BSc, then does an MCSD as well as System analysis and design experience,
then knows C#, Java, VB.Net or Classic ASP with experience, knows Web technologies such as HTML, JavaScript, CSS, JSP and ASP,
can design Multi-tier applications makes Windows and web services while making use of Entity framework, MS SQL Server 2008 and up and Team Foundation Server and then accepts R20 000.

I know it says "would be nice to have" or "advantageous", but seriously who is going to develop these skills in a) a year that that can apply them well or b) willing to take that kind of pay for being able to do those things properly.

Employers are just taking a chance. They want someone who can do everything under the sun because they see all job ads with 1000 items of what you must be able to do while trying to pay subpar salaries. The last 3 days they have held training at my workplace and only then did I realise how much I've learned over the past few years and how many light years I am beyond many of my peers (software dev or otherwise). Some people struggle with simple math and get paid pretty well; they struggle to wrap their head around the concept of hexadecimal, nevermind everything else.

SA employers are cheapskate bastards, especially those that can afford to pay the salaries people deserve.

Perhaps the listed salaries are in hex? :p