Android Data Charges.: Does It Use Too Much Airtime?

Palesa159

I want to buy a new Galaxy Trend but I have a problem with android. I've heard from people who use Android that it uses too much airtime and data so I'm wondering if this is true.

I'm going to be able to afford 700mb to 1GB of data per month. Note that I'm an internet addict and I spend all my time tweeting and on blogs.

Will this data plan work if I'm always online? And how do I reduce data usage on Android? Especially galaxy phones

OMB

Mountain Man
With normal usage I probably use between 250 and 500 meg a month on a galaxy note 2, that includes email

DominionZA

Executive Member
I find 250MB is enough having wifi available at home and clients/work. Combined with wifi I average around 20GB PM with Dec 2013 clocking in at 134.47GB.

cbrunsdonza

Honorary Master
Use 3G watchdog to help you manage your data, it will prevent any nasty bill shocks. It can also be setup for local network billing rules (data rollover).

While native Android can do the same, 3G watchdog just makes is easier and is the best R30 your going to spend on an app (the free version is also great but I do recommend you support the developer)

Nether

Expert Member
Android 4+ has a built in data meter, you can use it to manage your allowence.
Get opera browser aswell, it has an ofroad feature that compresses data and web pages to save data.

Seriously

Honorary Master
I want to buy a new Galaxy Trend but I have a problem with android. I've heard from people who use Android that it uses too much airtime and data so I'm wondering if this is true.

I'm going to be able to afford 700mb to 1GB of data per month. Note that I'm an internet addict and I spend all my time tweeting and on blogs.

Will this data plan work if I'm always online? And how do I reduce data usage on Android? Especially galaxy phones
That I do in a day just on MyBB, N4G and gaming with some small updates and downloading!

Your' definitely no "addict"!!!!!!!!!!