Annual donation to JMPD

PhreakBoy

Executive Member
Made mine this morning.

Got a payfine advice that I have a new fine. Logged in, got message "No admission of gault allowed. Court attendance required".

Phoned call centre and got advised to go to the Metro Court in Fox Str. Get there, speak to prosecutor, get sent to JMPD in Loveday street.

At JMPD spoke to higher ranking officer in little office behind security doors with receptionist (point is: he seemed important enough) and explained that I'm going on honeymoon in a week and not wanting to wait for a summons.

So, I got to pay an admission of guilt there. Did 101km/h in 60km/h zone. Admission of guilt R2000.00

Was on the road in front of Audi Centre Bruma on a Sunday afternoon around lunch time. I feel hard done by, but I guess it was my own fault for speeding.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
Here I was expecting to see that they beat you up and called you racist names. They did their jobs? Thats a first.

McT

The Humble Scot!
I feel hard done by, but I guess it was my own fault for speeding.
You "guess" it was your own fault? :wtf: Not sure how it could be anyone else's fault?

And then there was the probability of causing an accident and killing some innocent third party? R 2,000 hardly seems like a sufficient enough penalty. :confused:

And regretfully it doesn't appear that you have learnt anything from the experience. Perhaps 20 hours of community service in the state mortuary would have been a better reward? ;)

Can't really see the point of this thread to be honest.
+ 1,000

I'm looking for some sympathy.

Thought it was rather obvious :D
Sorry, but you ain't getting diddly from this camp, Squire.

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
I know someone who is going to make a donation like that too soon.

At the toll gates everyone usually cruises 120km/h then slows down just in time for the toll booth. Works very nicely. Until they put up 100 80 60 sign in rapid succession a *huge* distance from the booths + special low height camera hidden behind a sign. So if you slow down in a relaxed fashion looking for toll gate coins you're still at 100km/h+ in the 80/60 zone. fck. Glad I wasn't driving at the time.:eek:

Trip was pretty surreal anyway (DBN->PTA). Cruising at 140km/h and then someone overtakes you with a overload SUV + trailer + children on board on an uphill w/ potholes on a stretch w/ solid line at dusk. Must have been at least 170km/h. :wtf::erm:

Or the local who decided the best opportunity for overtaking 3 trucks in one go is when there is a sportscar w/ xenons approaching. I was just sitting there thinking "No fckn way".

davemc

Executive Member
Don't forget about the points that are going to be deducted from your card.
Or .. has that system still not gone live?

HammerDown

Expert Member
You should've kept your money until they served you and then discussed it with the clerk of the court. You did not donate, they saw you coming.

You have my sympathy for being conned.

Rule 1: never pay unless they stopped you or until they serve you.

PhreakBoy

Executive Member
You "guess" it was your own fault? :wtf: Not sure how it could be anyone else's fault?
Well, not really a guess, more just an expression of not be able to change anything.

And then there was the probability of causing an accident and killing some innocent third party? R 2,000 hardly seems like a sufficient enough penalty. :confused:
You have no further information hence you are unable to determine that probability.

And regretfully it doesn't appear that you have learnt anything from the experience. Perhaps 20 hours of community service in the state mortuary would have been a better reward? ;)
Seems you are prone to jumping to conclusions, I never said that I didn't learn from the experience.

Sorry, but you ain't getting diddly from this camp, Squire.
Oi, me lord, thy might've noticed one of 'em big azz smiley faces " :D " next to the post?

You have taken this post way to seriously. I was having a bad day and thought I'd share in the hopes that getting it off my chest would make the day a bit better.

I understand the gravity of the matter and understand why the fine had to be steep, but I'm more than a bit annoyed with myself for speeding.

Have a nice day and remember: "Speed kills" ;)

Don't forget about the points that are going to be deducted from your card.
Or .. has that system still not gone live?
It has not been put in place yet, the kind gentleman at JMPD that assisted me (this is not sarcastic - he was in fact very kind considering) warned me that this would have cost me 6 points. Meaning 6 more and I'd loose my license.

Last edited: