Any way to fix Win10 font rendering?

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Just one more thing about Win10 to hate.
I see they actually added a little utility to fix the font rendering in programs.
Does bugger all though.

Meelperd

So last night I decided to take a closer (literally) look at my monitor, and what you said
Most people don't notice things like this
is so true.
I've become so used to, and accepted the fact that text aliasing is nothing I can do about, that over time my monitor looked better and better. I wonder what my reaction will be if you slam an old 15" CRT in front of me...
Well @ponder, here's to you for not accepting anything below perfect! tumbler-glass_1f943.png

evilstebunny

Honorary Master
Funny how this worked in WIndows 7 all those years ago.

Mp3 tags for flac files used to be cut off, then they fixed it, now it's cut off again.

That's Microsoft for you lol.

ponder

Honorary Master
So last night I decided to take a closer (literally) look at my monitor, and what you said

is so true.
I've become so used to, and accepted the fact that text aliasing is nothing I can do about, that over time my monitor looked better and better. I wonder what my reaction will be if you slam an old 15" CRT in front of me...
Well @ponder, here's to you for not accepting anything below perfect! View attachment 679635
Now go install win7 in a vm and compare the two.

access

Executive Member
try the "Adjust ClearType text" thingy. seen it help sometimes.

rambo919

Expert Member
And to think, one criticism of Linix once was that it's fonts suck compared to windows..... now even windows can't compete with it's younger self anymore.

ponder

Honorary Master
And to think, one criticism of Linix once was that it's fonts suck compared to windows..... now even windows can't compete with it's younger self anymore.
I remember those days, the font rendering these days is nothing short of awesome on linux.

rambo919

Expert Member
I remember those days, the font rendering these days is nothing short of awesome on linux.
Now the hi-dpi scaling just needs to be sorted out, which windows is currently better at, you win some you loose some.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Here is mine for comparison.

Stock windows 10 build 1809 with ClearType on.