Anyone else getting shortchanged on R250 addon gigs?

lotus123

I've had this problem repeatedly over the last few months.

Buy a add-on Gig and use it okay, but then as it reaches the 85% mark (with about 160MB left to go), I get cut off during peak hours with the dashboard showing 0GB remaining.

The next morning the 160MB is available again on the dashboard. And because I was cut off no data gets used, so an available balance remains for days, slowly and mysteriously reducing to 0GB.

The Rain rep has offered to look into this but I'm still waiting for feedback. I tried chasing this up with Support a few months back but I ran out of Valium before they ran out of dumb explanations.

HerZeLeiD

Not really related but that R50 per gig is crazy. I've got 3 Telkom sims now and 2 of them got the R16 for 1GB (for 2 weeks) and one has R15 for 1GB (for 1 week) Mo'nice deals (*123#). So I use this after 6PM when needed, so much cheaper.

lotus123

Not really related but that R50 per gig is crazy. I've got 3 Telkom sims now and 2 of them got the R16 for 1GB (for 2 weeks) and one has R15 for 1GB (for 1 week) Mo'nice deals (*123#). So I use this after 6PM when needed, so much cheaper.
That's a good idea and I'e done that in the past, but it's such a bother switching the SIMs around (especially when they start falling apart in those micro sim adaptors!) and I use very little data in the evenings. But I might have to revisit that idea if Rain can't sort this out.

wernerdp

That's a good idea and I'e done that in the past, but it's such a bother switching the SIMs around (especially when they start falling apart in those micro sim adaptors!) and I use very little data in the evenings. But I might have to revisit that idea if Rain can't sort this out.
Get a cheap second hand router , @ six I switch off the RAIN router , and go to my MTN 35 gig . Works for me as I don't watch movies or much TV , so no streaming needed

HerZeLeiD

Get a cheap second hand router , @ six I switch off the RAIN router , and go to my MTN 35 gig . Works for me as I don't watch movies or much TV , so no streaming needed
Yeah I just use my phone and USB tether/hotspot to my pc. Even easier if you got a dual sim phone or just a spare one to be used just for that purpose.