Anyone Still Using Nokia N900 In 2015?

sicelo.m

Hi

Just interested to know if any of us here are still using Nokia N900.

I've been using mine day-to-day from 4th July 2011, and bought a second one last month for R200. Of course both now have missing USB port, which I hope to get fixed sometime soon.

There seems to be still a vibrant community around this particular device, with a community-developed follow-up phone in the works, http://neo900.org

I hope I'm not alone.

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
WOW! I know one person who is using the N900 and they are in the UK, its amazing how this phone's community continues to thrive.

I forgot about the Neo900 project, a shame the hardware will still be super old, but great to see such a project with so much support.

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
Met someone rocking a n8 last week.
Quite a lot of people still rocking that old beast around hey, every now and then I see someone with it.

I know someone still rocking a Nokia E90 and he doesn't seem to be in any sort of rush to change and get with the times.

Gwaji

The Nokia N9 was the most underrated phone ever. That UI is absolutely the most user friendly and logical ever. If there's anyone with a dead or old one let me know. That little latch on the sim tray got worn off on mine.

sicelo.m

Yes. N9 was really nice. I wanted one too. Or its weird brother, N950. Apparently that will burn a big hole in your pocket ($$$) due to being very rare.

For what it's worth, I've got a working Nokia N-Gage Classic :p

cpu.

Expert Member
WOW! I know one person who is using the N900 and they are in the UK, its amazing how this phone's community continues to thrive.

I forgot about the Neo900 project, a shame the hardware will still be super old, but great to see such a project with so much support.
Split personality?

cpu.

Expert Member
English for you... Possibly grammatically/syntactically incorrect, and maybe obsolete now, but that was 'correct' English at least a few years ago. :)
Back when the Rand was stronger than the Pound...

kayvee

Expert Member
I still have mine but can't say I use it daily. Hmm... must dig it out again.....

Which reminds me, I deployed it's charger on the Paspberry PI 2 doing media center duty, must get a replacement one.

Max Crane

Ngage

Yes. N9 was really nice. I wanted one too. Or its weird brother, N950. Apparently that will burn a big hole in your pocket ($$$) due to being very rare.

For what it's worth, I've got a working Nokia N-Gage Classic :p
Do you want to sell your ngage? I collect them. Go check out my facebook page, nokia ngage collectors south africa.

sicelo.m

Do you want to sell your ngage? I collect them. Go check out my facebook page, nokia ngage collectors south africa.
Well, no. It is not up for sale. How I got it is a story on its own :) Lovely quirky phone, and the first one which showed me the amazing possibilities of handheld computing.

But that's a nice collection on your FB page indeed https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nokia-N-Gage-Collectors-South-Africa/334638560023581?_fb_noscript=1 (I don't have FB account unfortunately, otherwise I would add picture of mine there)
I would love to play one of the n-gage games with anyone of you closest to Krugersdorp. I bought my N-Gage after it was long discontinued, so never got a chance to use that particular feature.

Max Crane: I actually have 2 N-Gage, but the other one is bricked and needs reflash. If you know somewhere where they still have the equipment to flash N-Gage, please let me know :) PM maybe, or any other way.

Max Crane

Hi. Gerrie Suzette Robinson is my connection in Newcastle. Msg him on facebook and see if he can help. He is amazing with the S60 Nokia's and software. I urge all people with an ngage or that are interested in ngage to go and like my page.

Max.