App Store got smart overnight?

Synaesthesia

Executive Member
I changed my address to Las Vegas, so that I don't have to pay iTunes tax, worked fine! Just looked it up on Google Maps.

Mars

Honorary Master
Ive always used a homeless shelter in Florida because of the no tax thing.

It came up asking for a valid address and I just confirmed the existing one and it accepted. There is no way they can prove that I don't live in a homeless shelter.

fxit_man

Executive Member
Ive always used a homeless shelter in Florida because of the no tax thing.

It came up asking for a valid address and I just confirmed the existing one and it accepted. There is no way they can prove that I don't live in a homeless shelter.

LOL dude brilliant!! hahahaha

GEE_911

How much tax is it really? Isn't it like $0.09 for a $0.99 app or something like that? I don't really mind paying it...

Nimz

Executive Member
Still struggling to get my new address
Tried Apple store Address.....still invalid

soldierboi

What about 1 infinite loop, cupertino, palo alto, california, 95014 :) this is a legal / authentic address :) haha

renierp

What about 1 infinite loop, cupertino, palo alto, california, 95014 :) this is a legal / authentic address :) haha

This has been my address ever since my original iPhone 2g and apparently it was the most used address in the apple database. Not sure if it still is though. Doubt apple will cancel it as all apple employees prob use their work rather than home address.
:D

Sent from the MyBroadband iPhone App

MikeCTZA

Expert Member
I changed my address to something I knew (hotel I have stayed in) and that worked fine. I haven't had the balls to change it to another state all together to get the zero tax (didn't know that when I 1st started my a/c) on my a/c - I should do. Think those include California, Florida, Las Vegas - I can't 100% confirm those though, was just from Tweets and other posts.

sublime

So frustrating! I did a search for a zip code in a state I wanted. From there, go to a town/city in that state and google a restaurant or hotel. Put in exact address (you may have to play with Street or St / Drive or Dr etc.) and ensure the phone number is also correct. Seems to be working fine now.

MikeCTZA

Expert Member
If only app the games and some weird region restricted apps (Dragon voice one was one I recall in the past) were in the ZA store (and we know the reasons why not etc) then we wouldn't have to schlep like this. Sigh.