Apple’s iPhone dominates Samsung

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Completely expected. Samsung lost the plot after the S3. I would take an iPhone 6 Plus over any Samsung device, and I don't even like Apple devices that much.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Currently have an S5, and honestly its the second worst phone I've ever owned.... only beaten by the SonyEricson Xperia X10

Neoprod

Honorary Master
It's a dog eat dog world and i Iove it...smartphones are an example of a market that follows simple economics and refuses to allow monopolies for long. One of the few things we can say the consumer gets a fair shake at.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Apple applies a superior strategy. It is exactly the same with Xiaomi vs Samsung in China, Xiaomi outwitted them and took their crown. Xiaomi is doing the same with Apple in China and India, though both companies are levelling the playing field at this stage.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
I wouldn't get one though, because you lose all the S Pen features if you flash Cyanogenmod on and because it has off-screen navigation buttons.
Then don't flash CM. :p

TouchWiz is still crummy, but they've improved it quite a bit, even from the S3 days.

They're all pretty great (although not perfect). But itards gonna itard no matter what. The only major problem with Samsung phones is that they all look so similar/boring.
Yip.

Currently have an S5, and honestly its the second worst phone I've ever owned.... only beaten by the SonyEricson Xperia X10
Why?

If you like cheap and nasty feeling plastic, I guess.

Edit.
Don't even get me started on Touchwiz and its gazillion "features". Yuck!!!
It has a metal band (which feels great), and the plastic on the back doesn't feel cheap and nasty to me.

TJ99

Honorary Master

TouchWiz is still crummy, but they've improved it quite a bit, even from the S3 days.

Yip.

Why?

It has a metal band (which feels great), and the plastic on the back doesn't feel cheap and nasty to me.
No metal band, the whole chassis is made of metal. It has tiny, thin chrome-plastic bands around the edges though.

The last (indeed only) cheap-feeling plastic phones were the S3, S4 and Note 2. All the older (and newer) phones are made either of high-quality plastic or metal.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
How is this even an argument considering you can't put Cyanogenmod on an iPhone?
I was saying I'd rather use an iPhone instead of a Samsung phone running stock firmware. And even with custom firmware, I'd still be inclined towards an iPhone. I really don't like Samsung hardware.

I've played around with a friend's S5. I definitely wouldn't handle that thing with stock firmware, even with a custom launcher. The notification bar, the settings menu and all the Samsung bloatware is too much for me.

TJ99

Honorary Master
Oh you'd looooove a naaiPhone then. Their battery life is far worse (and you can't replace the battery when it starts going bad), plus the Bluetooth is pretty much limited to sending contacts or connecting accessories.