Apple launches new iPad Pro

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Apple launches new iPad Pro

Apple has unveiled its next-generation iPad Pro tablet.

The new tablet boasts an ultra-wide camera, high-quality microphones, and a LiDAR scanner, which Apple said will allow for more workflows and support professional photo and video apps.

jeevadotnet

"faster than most windows pc's"... Provides no benchmarks. If you watch Louis Rossman on YouTube you will never buy any apple product ever again.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
"faster than most windows pc's"... Provides no benchmarks. If you watch Louis Rossman on YouTube you will never buy any apple product ever again.

Funny that.

I watch his stuff at least once a week a week and it’s done nothing to stop me buying their products.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
If people didn't buy Apple he'd be out of a job. Why would you do that to poor Louis?

TBH the guy is, by definition, a parasite...

Last edited:

garyc

Expert Member
Geekbench has some benchmarks on the iPad with the previous processor. This can be compared against an XPS 13 with an i7 processor.

https://browser.geekbench.com/ios_devices/57
https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/1493541

Apparently Apple is considering switching to this family of processors for their laptops at some stage.

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
But can you play Doom Eternal on it?:unsure:

Kind of.

cerebus

Honorary Master
The new iPad with the keyboard case could be an amazing tool for content creation. Unfortunately there's no way I could use it for my job. But it doesn't stop me wanting it.

creeper

Executive Member
The new iPad with the keyboard case could be an amazing tool for content creation. Unfortunately there's no way I could use it for my job. But it doesn't stop me wanting it.

I’ve had iPad 10.5“ for a few years. It has evolved into my general ‘laptop’. You are able to use all the Office Suite, do conference calls and use it as a virtual Whiteboard (thank you MS). I use to take it instead of a laptop to do lecturing.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master

Out of interest, why not?

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I work in DevOps, I can’t imagine doing anything without Unix or Windows

So do I hence the question.

My only bottleneck being VPN.

Everything else running in the cloud my machine is nothing more than terminal to get to other servers, which an iPad Pro could happily do as well.

Fortunately zero need for windows in my case.

Jaaks

I need to buy the lady a new one if these. Then I can get her old one. #planning