Apple September Event Announced for September 14th

krycor

Honorary Master
So looks like the A15 isn’t very different to A14. Yes config has changed but nothing major.

Same time M1 is based on A14 which is based on Arm v8. I have a sneak suspicion the new macs will also have a “modified” but same generation chip. Ie likely we get a M1X (though I laugh they call it M2 albeit not a generational change).

So yah looks like we have to wait for end of 2022 for Arm v9 to come to Apple CPUs

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
I was hoping for a Fingerprint Reader implementation on one of the IPhone 13 models - wife prefers it so she is still sticking to her 7Plus.

R13...

Honorary Master
I was hoping for a Fingerprint Reader implementation on one of the IPhone 13 models - wife prefers it so she is still sticking to her 7Plus.
Not sure why they didn't implement it like they did on the iPad. Sure it would require some redesign but they already moved things around inside to accommodate bigger battery so it's doable.

_paul_

iPhone 13 Pre-order date is on the 1 October for South Africa, iPad mini Pre Orders have gone live this morning on the iStore website