Apple Watch 4 ECG activation for SA

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
just export the edited backup to the iTunes backup dir and restore... iMazing uses the same driver API as iTunes lol
Export as a Folder or what? Not quite seeing a logical option for this but don't have any iTunes local backup to be sure what the format should look like.

I chose iTunes Backup location in iMazing but it doesn't show up in iTunes.

Nevermind it's Windows 10 and the Store being dof and putting it inside the User folder not Roaming profile like all the guides and iMazing say it should be.

Last edited:

waylander

Expert Member
Export as a Folder or what? Not quite seeing a logical option for this but don't have any iTunes local backup to be sure what the format should look like.

I chose iTunes Backup location in iMazing but it doesn't show up in iTunes.

Nevermind it's Windows 10 and the Store being dof and putting it inside the User folder not Roaming profile like all the guides and iMazing say it should be.
u sorted?

tRoN

Executive Member
just export the edited backup to the iTunes backup dir and restore... iMazing uses the same driver API as iTunes lol
I have the opposite situation. I have Imazing full version but never used it.
I have a recent backup of my phone with iTunes.
Can I transfer that to imazing edit and put it back to iTunes directory.
The reason is that the backup takes a long time with my phone so wanted to save some time

waylander

Expert Member
I have the opposite situation. I have Imazing full version but never used it.
I have a recent backup of my phone with iTunes.
Can I transfer that to imazing edit and put it back to iTunes directory.
The reason is that the backup takes a long time with my phone so wanted to save some time
The backup needs to be recent and encrypted, else you'll lose data on the phone and if not encrypted, the Health data stored on device will be wiped which will mean the .plist you copied will be rewritten to default.

tRoN

Executive Member
I believe so.

Restoring now.

Thanks!
Is it working for you?

So just to understand the process.

You do the backup and then convert it into an editable form with imazing.
Then how do you add the plist?
Do you then save the edited version and convert in back or what before restoring it.

Also you must unpair watch “before” the backup ?

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Read the link at the top of the Plist file it’s a bit more detailed.

Only different step is that you then export the (edited) Backup to the iTunes backup folder which is either in %APPDATA% or %USERDATA% depending if you used the Microsoft store or manual install.

I had a pain of a time with the restore because of a security issue which turned out being my company Management Profile blocking it.

Also removed my PIN after removing the profile, but I doubt that did anything.

3Gee

Expert Member
Who's going to be the first to pull the trigger and update their phone and watch with the release of Watch OS 6.2 and iOS 13.3.1 and report back if the ECG functionality is still working

3Gee

Expert Member
Depending if you using Windows or MacOS , copy the file to where Windows or Mac saves it in iTunes.

hammell

Depending if you using Windows or MacOS , copy the file to where Windows or Mac saves it in iTunes.
I'm almost certainly being dumb here... So the editable backup I created with the updated plist file is in %APPDATA%\Roaming\iMazing\Backups\iMazing.Versions\Blueprints where there is folder call 00008.... Do I copy this folder to %APPDATA%\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

?

3Gee

Expert Member
I'm almost certainly being dumb here... So the editable backup I created with the updated plist file is in %APPDATA%\Roaming\iMazing\Backups\iMazing.Versions\Blueprints where there is folder call 00008.... Do I copy this folder to %APPDATA%\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

?
If that is the directory where it's stored on MacOS. Then yes. Google it.