Apple Watch 4 ECG activation for SA

3Gee

Expert Member
Two of the main features of the Apple Watch 4 is ECG and Fibrillation detection.

Both of them are disabled by Apple pending approval by Apple and the Medicines Council.

The only way for us to have the ECG feature activated is to send a request / complaint to Apple. This according to Apple.

Link below. Forward to everyone you know that owns a watch 4

Last edited:

Ghost02

Expert Member
Thank you for your feedback on Apple Watch.

We cannot respond to you personally, but please know that your message has been received and will be reviewed by the Apple Watch Team. If we need to follow up with you on your ideas for improving Apple Watch, we will contact you directly.

We appreciate your assistance in making Apple Watch great.

Apple Watch Team
Apple

ijacobs3

Expert Member
Thank you for your feedback on Apple Watch.

We cannot respond to you personally, but please know that your message has been received and will be reviewed by the Apple Watch Team. If we need to follow up with you on your ideas for improving Apple Watch, we will contact you directly.

We appreciate your assistance in making Apple Watch great.

Apple Watch Team
Apple

got the same

K.J

Two of the main features of the Apple Watch 4 is ECG and Fibrillation detection.

Both of them are disabled by Apple pending approval by Apple and the Medicines Council.

The only way for us to have the ECG feature activated is to send a request / complaint to Apple. This according to Apple.

Link below. Forward to everyone you know that owns a watch 4

Has the said method resulted in anyone having these features activated?

Glock26

Expert Member
Serious? The only reason I was going to buy a series 4 was for that feature. If it's disabled, I'm not going to bother.

krycor

Honorary Master
Serious? The only reason I was going to buy a series 4 was for that feature. If it's disabled, I'm not going to bother.
This plus eSim is why I still wear an original Apple Watch.

Just no massive reason for me to get one from a purely functional point of view. Newer screen, complications, better applications on device & battery life would be nice but not a major pull factor when my primary use case is not dependent on those things.. my Apple Watch still typically is ok for 16-20hrs on a avg day (audio control, time, alarms, torch, heart rate tracking, step tracking) without workout. I always charge prior to a workout or while in shower & breakfast.

3Gee

Expert Member
Get one from the States or supported countries

y2468

Hey guys, for anyone wanting the ECG app to be activated on their watch, here is a working hack...takes some time depending on the amount of data on your device (check the link regarding backing up and restoring), but works 100%. Worked on my Series 4 Nike edition and iPhone X.

3Gee

Expert Member
Hey guys, for anyone wanting the ECG app to be activated on their watch, here is a working hack...takes some time depending on the amount of data on your device (check the link regarding backing up and restoring), but works 100%. Worked on my Series 4 Nike edition and iPhone X.

The Catch is......

Your watch must have been sourced from one of the supported ECG countries

y2468

The Catch is......

Your watch must have been sourced from one of the supported ECG countries
Which works in SA as long as it was purchased from a local store (purchased mine from iStore)

123z

Which works in SA as long as it was purchased from a local store (purchased mine from iStore)
I can confirm it is working on Apple Watch bought in South Africa iStore. The real catch is only paid version of
iMazing can restore backup to iphone, which will cost you R699.99.

waylander

Expert Member
I can confirm it is working on Apple Watch bought in South Africa iStore. The real catch is only paid version of
iMazing can restore backup to iphone, which will cost you R699.99.
just export the edited backup to the iTunes backup dir and restore... iMazing uses the same driver API as iTunes lol