Apple's latest privacy policy puts small app developers at risk

Chris

Journalist
Apple's latest privacy policy puts small app developers at risk

Adam Jaffe’s mobile game jostles daily with nearly a million others in Apple Inc.’s App Store to lure users — and ideally some willing to spend real-world cash to boost their odds of victory.

Now the Tenko Games CEO’s ability to entice those lucrative players is about to dwindle.

In an iOS update expected this month, Apple will start asking users for permission to track their data across apps.

[Bloomberg]

rvZA

Executive Member
People asked for privacy protection and now they are getting it. Don't complain. Find other ways of making money if subscriptions decline. Easy as that. If the Internet and online gaming becomes a boring place, or you find it more difficult to make money online, stop using it and get out of your house. A lot to see and do outside too.

B-1

Expert Member
Are we supposed to feel sorry for companies that used dodgy mechanisms to track people and used it to turn profit?
Gathering of personal information should always be optional.

Priapus

Executive Member
Facebook has been crying about this for months. It's a good move on Apple's part. The Takealot app asked me the other day if I wanted to allow tracking. Hell no!

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
With the majority expected to say no, the tech giant is decimating a system that allowed studios like Tenko to find potential high spenders and sell targeted ads.
Shame.

D tj

Expert Member
My clothes, phone, car and other items are mine...I paid for them and are NOT your "track me " devices messers Jaffe or Zuk.
Zuk has guards on his garbage to prevent people looking through it yet wants access to everyone else.