Are you a binge watcher?

Are you a binge watcher?

• Yes - Binge, binge, binge!

Votes: 113 50.9%
  • No - As they come

Votes: 73 32.9%
  • Other (because someone will "need" this option)

Votes: 36 16.2%

• Total voters

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Do you prefer to wait until an entire television season drops before you watch it, even if it means hoarding each episode until the season is complete? Or are you content to watching each episode as it is released?

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
As they come, if i find a good one i watch and catch up then wait for the next episodes

Mekon

Expert Member
I don't even own a TV so if I do watch anything it's streamed and it has to hold my interest. Like Mindhunter is good. But there is way to much junk and there's far to much to do than spend hours watching kak.

Brian_G

Expert Member
Other - usually as they come, some things discovered late get binged. On Showmax we often get whole series from the start so they tend to get binged more.

I think most of the bingers will be those who are into streaming / downloading instead of satellite.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Other. Not just a choice to be fashionable, but because sometimes we binge a series (the last two we did that for were homeland and westworld) and sometimes it's one a week - although we stream or sail the seas for everything, so the option to binge is almost always there, some stuff just is too heavy for us to binge.

ronald911

Expert Member
Nah.. my definition of "binge" is one episode a day, about 3 times a week.
My ADHD doesn't allow me to watch more than 1 episode a day without being distracted...

Edit: not officially diagnosed with ADHD... Should probably drop by the GP to prescribe me the good stuff.

Last edited:

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I binge. If it is a good series I will plow through it no problem.

But will you wait for the entire season to drop before you start?

Take Star Trek Discovery for example (not Picard because that’s rubbish). Discovery is a once per week show. Will you wait and watch it after they’ve all aired?

beans100

Honorary Master
I watch when I have nothing to do, might be 10 episodes at once, or 1 episode a month. I go through sitcoms fast, as I watch 1 or 2 episode in the morning, with breakfast/coffee.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
We binged Blindspot, but the last few episodes weren't out yet. We had to wait for those and by the time they came out, we had lost interest - although that might be a bad example, as the writing quality had deteriorated to such an extent by the final season it was like wading through Heroes all over again.

Brian_G

Expert Member

Take Star Trek Discovery for example (not Picard because that’s rubbish).
Blasphemy!! :eek::(

Discovery is a once per week show. Will you wait and watch it after they’ve all aired?
Any Trekkie of worth could never wait...

BTW, the original Star Trek movies will start on DStv pop-up ch. 111 from Monday. They must have struggled to get them again 'cos they're now owned by a private streaming co. or something.

wingnut771

Executive Member
Blasphemy!! :eek::(

Any Trekkie of worth could never wait...

BTW, the original Star Trek movies will start on DStv pop-up ch. 111 from Monday. They must have struggled to get them again 'cos they're now owned by a private streaming co. or something.
Eagerly waiting for ep 3 tomorrow.
There should be a both option, as I binge something until up to date then watch as it comes out.

netstrider

Expert Member
Only so much you can realistically binge before you run out of quality shows.

Lately, I find browsing YouTube more entertaining than Netflix et al.

wingnut771

Executive Member
It isn't, hence the "et al".
:ROFL: oops. When you've watched everything you've watched everything. :laugh: Agree, youtube can be entertaining, I like watching Anton Koen no jack anti hijacking vids, just for engine sounds and driving. :ROFL:

This is why I check the series thread to get ideas for new content.