Are you going to install Windows 11?

Are you going to install Windows 11?

  • Yes

    Votes: 212 63.3%
  • No

    Votes: 102 30.4%
  • I have a Mac

    Votes: 21 6.3%

  • Total voters
    335
[other] in Chess Pawn always die first, am going to wait for Beta before loading it on my Personal Laptop.

served me well for win 8 and vista, and I knew during their beta period what turds they were then, and didnt upgrade.
 
Read this on slashdot. Wonder if you will be able to still use a local account or are they now forcing you to only configure a online account.

Windows 11 Requires an Internet Connection and Microsoft Account At Setup
 
Read this on slashdot. Wonder if you will be able to still use a local account or are they now forcing you to only configure a online account.

Windows 11 Requires an Internet Connection and Microsoft Account At Setup
Only the Home version. Pro allows offline accounts
 
Read this on slashdot. Wonder if you will be able to still use a local account or are they now forcing you to only configure a online account.

Windows 11 Requires an Internet Connection and Microsoft Account At Setup

It's coming embedded with Teams AFAIK, so maybe that's partly why?
 
Not yet. My laptop doesn't support dx12.
 
I'll probably migrate to it if I don't have to upgrade anything. I cannot wait for the usual blowback of people with the usual "my <insert device> from 2002 doesn't work anymore". I'm hoping Microsoft draws a line in the sand for Windows 11 to avoid an expectation in terms of device support or performance.
 
I will upgrade my Surface Pro as soon as it's available, but I will hold off on upgrading my gaming machine.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X