Are you marching on Friday?

Are you marching on Friday?

  • Yes

    Votes: 192 37.1%
  • No

    Votes: 325 62.9%

  • Total voters
    517
  • Poll closed .
Get someone to drop you off at the start and collect you at the end.
Use a Taxi (one of them mini buses) to get you from where your car is and back. Make sure the Taxi driver and his other passengers know where you are going.:whistle:
Use an Uber-taxi!:wtf:

Yes, thought about that, quickly discarded it. Can you imagine 10 000 Sandtonites all requesting an Uber after the March? Should work well.

I feel like complaining to the DA that they haven't organised a nice comfy protest park-and-ride facility, complete with shuttle buses. I mean, if we want to show how soft white people are, then let's go all the way.
 
Yes, thought about that, quickly discarded it. Can you imagine 10 000 Sandtonites all requesting an Uber after the March? Should work well.

I feel like complaining to the DA that they haven't organised a nice comfy protest park-and-ride facility, complete with shuttle buses. I mean, if we want to show how soft white people are, then let's go all the way.

I'm probably going - I'm thinking of taking the Gautrain in, and use the J2 bus to be dropped off and picked up at Sauer Street.
 
I'm probably going - I'm thinking of taking the Gautrain in, and use the J2 bus to be dropped off and picked up at Sauer Street.

And you think that will be running and have enough capacity? The thought of getting there and then having no way back really worries me.
 
No idea I'm afraid.

Probably will try and get picked up near Park Town if I get stranded.
 
Oh hey, that's actually useful for my question above. That gives GPS coordinates, so plugging that into Google definitely sees it preferring to go along the M1.

I'm curious as to how one does this. I am travelling from Nelspruit tomorrow and I really don't want to get caught...
 
Last edited:
Ok, this may be a dumb question, but what happens when we get to Mary Fitzgerald Square?
 
Our factory simply can not afford to close. Deadlines, can't imagine our uae/eu clients will accept "oh but we had to topple a godking"
 
We break to go to SAB World of Beer around the corner :D

So what's the point? An 11min walk from one location to another, not delivering some sort document to the right person that Zuma needs to go.

Just a random 11min walk through town.

Ok.
 
Ok, this may be a dumb question, but what happens when we get to Mary Fitzgerald Square?

I know, right? Shortest march in history...I don't intend to stay long. I've taken a half day off so will come into work till 9:30-ish, walk down from Braamies, march and loiter till 11:30 then walk back to work after.
 
So what's the point? An 11min walk from one location to another, not delivering some sort document to the right person that Zuma needs to go.

Just a random 11min walk through town.

Ok.

It's a noble idea, but realistically the POINT is to be there in a big gathering and have the journalists take photos, which will then appear in the media, so that OTHER people can see how much opposition there is (and that old Jacob can maybe start sweating a bit). That's more powerful than handing over a symbolic page to somebody (although the DA has an online petition with almost 500 000 signatures already - you can sign that if you want).

No doubt Mmusi will give a stirring speech at the end (or try to - assuming the ANCYL aren't there to boo too loudly), and all the supporters will slap each other on the back and be proud of having done something. The journalists can't photograph you if you're behind you're computer, like some people here.
 
I know, right? Shortest march in history...I don't intend to stay long. I've taken a half day off so will come into work till 9:30-ish, walk down from Braamies, march and loiter till 11:30 then walk back to work after.

This is the first march for many people: I don't think they were ready for a 20km marathon across JHB. 2KM will do to start, don't you think? Especially for the older and less athletically inclined political activists.
 
I fear its just going to give Zuma something to laugh at on his 150" TV at home...
 
Oh hey, that's actually useful for my question above. That gives GPS coordinates, so plugging that into Google definitely sees it preferring to go along the M1.

I'm curious as to how one does this. I am travelling from Nelspruit tomorrow and I really don't want to get caught...

Click this link, Craig.

That is your start point. If you want, you can click 'Directions' and then put in where you're coming from for a route. Your mileage may vary with traffic, so I recommend coming in early and scouting for parking.

PS: For those who want a shorter directions link to share on social media, this is a bitly version of the above link you can type out easily: http://bit.ly/2nP85YU
 
Remember to meet at Tygervalley Chambers all of you in the Bellville area.

2474e06f32bb72e46ecebe3d442212c0.jpg
 
Oh hey, just gonna leave this here in case anybody's curious about Mary Fitzgerald Square (I had no idea):

The Mary Fitzgerald Square in Newtown, Johannesburg in South Africa is a public space named after Mary "Pickhandle" Fitzgerald, who is considered to have been the first female trade unionist in the country.

Previously known as Aaron's Ground, the square was named for Fitzgerald in 1939 as it was an often-used location for strikers' meetings in the early part of the 20th century.[1]

The square features lighting designed by French lighting engineer Patrick Rimoux and an installation of carved wooden heads.[2]

The square is the centerpiece of the Newtown urban renewal project and is surrounded by structures significant to the city, including the Market Theatre — which played host to much of the 1980s 'struggle theatre' opposing the apartheid regime's discriminatory policies; MuseuMAfricA; the old Turbine Hall, and the Worker's Library.
 
And then what? March in the streets, shout out loud, how many times have that worked in the past in South Africa against the ANC? Zero, zilch, nada. The only whiny person here seems to be you who does not understand that grown ass men can't just skip out on work for a fantasy dream, especially now with the economy as it is. But sure, go ahead, go protest and what not and tell me the next day how that went.

According to you, on your first BS post about the issue...

"Can't afford taking a day off, if it really could make a difference I would have considered it but this is just farting into the wind. Nothing we as a country do will get rid of this parasite."

So the issue is not about skipping work, cos you claim you would consider it if it was worthwhile. Typical beta b*tch syndrome, have an excuse for everything. It's everyone else fault and nothing ever works and blah blah blah... it's okay hide behind your monitor at work, Im sure you being at work will have a profound impact on our economy..... thanks for your dedication and thoughtfulness whilst the rest of us are chilling in the sun in this fantasy dream it;s good to know that we have people like you hard at work saving our economy...... How silly of me, I was stupid enough to give my staff the day off...if and only if they were going to participate in the march.... is the company rolling in money and is it the affordable thing to do? Hell No, especially in this economy as you put it... however, it's a choice some of us have made and we accept the associated reppercussions.
 
Last edited:
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X