Are you marching on Friday?

Are you marching on Friday?

  • Yes

    Votes: 192 37.1%
  • No

    Votes: 325 62.9%

  • Total voters
    517
  • Poll closed .
This is the first march for many people: I don't think they were ready for a 20km marathon across JHB. 2KM will do to start, don't you think? Especially for the older and less athletically inclined political activists.

Don't read my impatience as criticism...I actively avoid crowds of people. Walking would make that more tolerable...spread the crowd over a larger space, more chance of finding somewhere I'm not being jostled or "sardined". There's also something about the noise of people talking over each other that I can't physically tolerate but at least I have headphones to manage that - bonus, will block out politicking by Maimane and co.

So yeah, standing around for 3 hours might be nice for the fatties and infirm but I'd prefer to be walking than standing still.
 
Not really. She clearly has no understanding of economics - there is no money for pie-in-the-sky schemes like free education...

People like her can change the world.

Which is not to say I condone all of her views, but the power of the speech was undeniable. You're also focussing mostly on what her t-shirt says, rather than what she said...
 
So yeah, standing around for 3 hours might be nice for the fatties and infirm but I'd prefer to be walking than standing still.

Tell you what, there are plenty of side streets: you're welcome to protest your way at a fast jog up them, around the blog, and then rejoin the fatties feeling suitably reinvigorated.

PS: I just discovered the walk is only 1km, not even 2km (unless Mmusi leads us down a few side roads as well).
 
Tell you what, there are plenty of side streets: you're welcome to protest your way at a fast jog up them, around the blog, and then rejoin the fatties feeling suitably reinvigorated.

PS: I just discovered the walk is only 1km, not even 2km (unless Mmusi leads us down a few side roads as well).

Trying to make me an easy target for a brick? Nice try, you bloody agent.

It is 2km...there and back.
 
Trying to make me an easy target for a brick? Nice try, you bloody agent.

It is 2km...there and back.

ROFL. I got your back, son. I'm still waiting for more Johannesburg marchers to raise their hand so we can have a decent MyBB meetup.
 
I'm packing Pepsi tomorrow - it worked for Kendall.

RH7D3661.jpg
 
ROFL. Trust OUTA to not get the right permissions. Well guys, it's not THAT far from Pretoria to Johannesburg, I'm coming in from Centurion anyway myself.

There's a court order authorizing the march.

Phahlane is just trying to get less people in by saying he's not aware of the court order...
 
Pfff South Africans cant protest, as it always goes according to the same scenario
Step 1: People gather with clever slogans and hashtag posters
Step 2: Get rocks thrown at and media interviews the bloodied victims who are shocked and cant believe this barbaric behaviour
Step 3: Everyone possible stating that they will be laying criminal charges
Step 4: We carry on as usual till next time
 
There's a court order authorizing the march.

Phahlane is just trying to get less people in by saying he's not aware of the court order...

Well that won't be the first time either than somebody at SAPS hasn't gotten the latest news. It's ok, they'll figure it out over the course of the evening.
 
Pfff South Africans cant protest, as it always goes according to the same scenario
Step 1: People gather with clever slogans and hashtag posters
Step 2: Get rocks thrown at and media interviews the bloodied victims who are shocked and cant believe this barbaric behaviour
Step 3: Everyone possible stating that they will be laying criminal charges
Step 4: We carry on as usual till next time

The difference is in the numbers, yes? Who honestly believed the DA was going to win Pretoria, Johannesburg and Port Elizabeth in the last municipal elections? That happened despite the naysayers, and WITH the help of the EFF (will wonders never cease). If you've been following this thread you've seen what Zuma has said about pushing through his radical economic transformation agenda while he's still president. You can either take part in tomorrow's protests, or wish you did later.
 
There's a court order authorizing the march.

Phahlane is just trying to get less people in by saying he's not aware of the court order...

It's even more reason to remove that fscker from office...
 
3dcef9ecbc3cfa14d09e8e312a0e2512.jpg
 
On Tuesday our poll showed approximately

66/7% not marching
and
34/3% marching

Today it's
63% not marching
37% marching
 
Last edited:
On Tuesday our poll showed approximately

66% not marching
and
33% marching

Today it's
63% not marching
37% marching

I've been keeping an eye on that too :) I like to think a little bit of it is due to the great campaigning we've had from a really diverse group of pro-marchers on here. I'm proud of y'all! That's rare, pride is not often a feeling I get in South Africa or on these forums.
 
Pfff South Africans cant protest, as it always goes according to the same scenario
Step 1: People gather with clever slogans and hashtag posters
Step 2: Get rocks thrown at and media interviews the bloodied victims who are shocked and cant believe this barbaric behaviour
Step 3: Everyone possible stating that they will be laying criminal charges
Step 4: We carry on as usual till next time

Once you realize that you are dealing with savages you can realign your expectations.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X