Asp.net question

deliengs

Hi Guys
Hoping someone can assist me.:D

I have done very little programming a loong time back but what I need to do isn't hopefully too complicated.

I am currently designing a simple web page that will allow a user to log in, enter data into two columns and submit data to a database, overwriting the data already there.

The two columns are:

1.ItemNo
2.Quantity

After experimenting I have gotten the data to show and update but updating one item at a time is a little tedious as sometimes there are a lot of items.

I am using VS EXpress 2013, and what needs to happen is basically someone just needs to enter the ItemNo and Quantity and when clicking save it saves the data in the database. Kind of like copying from excel, pasting in kind of a table and clicking save.

For now this what I need to achieve.
After this is done, I will hopefully look at auto populating the ItemNo based on a customer (meaning adding another column for customer) making it easier.

Any ideas? Suggestions?

Oh the database is SQL, so I though using asp.net will be the viable option as the webpage will be online soon.
Thanks a mil!

sp4ceman

use asp.net mvc. With their templates code like this can be done in shorter than it took me to type this in my cellphone.

Go to the mvc website and look at their tutorial vids.

deliengs

use asp.net mvc. With their templates code like this can be done in shorter than it took me to type this in my cellphone.

Go to the mvc website and look at their tutorial vids.
Thanks sp4ceman! Checking it out now..

Darko

What do you mean by one item at a time?

Do you want all the items in the DB to show on the page, and then do a bulk update?